Re: Game Freezing and Stops Responding 1 Min After Launch

by smykoI

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Updating windows, will report back.  No custom adjustments in the control panel, I've never fiddled with that.  Havent changed anything in the graphical settings because the crash is fairly infrequent for me compared to OP saying it happens soon after launch.  Would be really hard to link what change might 'fix' it.  In my post, that was the second game of the day for me.  It happens maybe once a week, playing 3-5 games every other day or so.  But it was the same error code.  Hopefully my info helps track down the cause.

Message 41 of 57 (913 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also ran a CCleaner registry clean and I have gotten worse crashes now. Before I used to only crash with the error message and I can't tab out to the error message but I can close the crash message on the windows toolbar, I sometimes get PC crash freeze where I would just freeze up and I can't alt f4/ctrl w or even windows task manager with ctrl shift esc or ctrl alt del.  It might have to do with tabbing out before the game starts? Been trying to figure out if theres a constant way to crash it and it might be tabbing out.

Message 42 of 57 (889 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Hey, today i have tested the game on newest drivers and good news i don't have device_hung error anymore

SAD THING MY WHOLE PC FREEZES...

Message 43 of 57 (879 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@smykoIyeah, the recent 436.02 driver fixed hung errors for me too, but now I freeze or crash with the gpu removed/updating. Honestly felt like hung error got replaced with this error

Message 44 of 57 (866 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ChichigamiPHLive 

How is it in your case? game freezes and error pops? 

in mine - when game freezes and I will wait for a while the whole PC freezes. I can speed up this freeze by using Crtl + Alt+ Del ^^

Any fix or topics related to this issue?

Message 45 of 57 (864 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@smykoII only have had this happen a few times but the entire PC freezes and I can't do anything. I posted it before, but I can't exit it out or anything. No error messages no alt tab no ctrl alt del/ctrl shift esc no alt f4/ctrl w. I have to restart my computer, maybe if I waited long enough it would be fixed. The other crash that happens has an error message but it doesn't show up on your screen, you'll have to alt tab and then it still won't even show up, I have to close it via windows toolbar and then apex closes.

Message 46 of 57 (862 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ChichigamiPHLive  @EA_Blueberry 

As it seems, problem is the same as before. Game is freezing (crashing with device_hung before) only when i use 144hz and unlimited FPS. At 60hz (monitor must be set on 60hz otherwise it crashes anyway even at 60 fps set in game) and 60 fps game is stable...
Message 47 of 57 (835 Views)

Community Manager

@smykoI  @ChichigamiPHLive  @Im_Not_Sue 

I was out for the last 2 weeks, are you all still experiencing freezing with your game? If so, please include a fresh DxDiag so we can look into the specs and Windows reporting errors.

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 48 of 57 (741 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Yes the error is still present. As i wrote in post above, PC and game only freezes when I'm playng above +max_fps 60 -refresh 60 and monitor set over 60Hz. Game dont like when I play on 144hz and I don't like playing this game under 144hz Wink PC setup didn't change since last dxdiag only thing that has changed are new windows updates(after that still crashes). There is new driver 436.30, I will update my GPU drivers and test it again then include Dxdiag. But for now since nothing has changed I'm not risking it. This game isn't worth breaking my PC.

Message 49 of 57 (724 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Here you have fresh after driver update and then freeze dxdiag Wink

Message 50 of 57 (683 Views)