Re: Game Freezing and Stops Responding 1 Min After Launch

by Areia25

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@Areia25  thanks for replay. I tried it myselfe^^ but no luck. I got 0x887a0005 device_removed this time. But one time manage to spend 1h in training mode without error.

Message 31 of 57 (928 Views)

★★ Novice

@smykoI  yeah it's definitely my graphics card for me. It's started crashing other games now. Apex must just be particularly stressful for it since S2.

Message 32 of 57 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Areia25  I wouldn't be so sure. I have this error since start and on start i bought brand new pc. All of my settings are on lowest, my GPU isn't even reaching 85% in Traning and I'm crashing like crazy. But there is no anwser why only Apex is crashing and no one want's to anwser that, I pinged @EA_Blueberry  - no respond. On reddit i pinged devs with no anwser... One solution I see atm is uninstall like rest.

Message 33 of 57 (913 Views)

Community Manager

@smykoI 

Thanks for tagging me in and I'm sorry for not getting to you previously. If you haven't attempted a reinstall that's always worth a try because others have came back with positive results. You have a beasty machine so you should be able to run it at max settings. 

Have you tried CCleaner yet? We have an article on how to do that here.

It also might be worth rolling back a driver once and play the game. If it errors out, try rolling it back one more time to see if you can play on that version. 

Blueberry.png
Message 34 of 57 (895 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry yes i did that today again and tried all drivers. Whats funny that people with accual BEAST setup like intel i9 9900k and RTX 2080TI (some with 2080ti in SLI) are having this issue. 

Message 35 of 57 (888 Views)

Community Manager

@smykoI 

Were you eventually able to figure out a solution to the freezing you've been experiencing? If you're still freezing please attach a fresh DxDiag for us so we can review your PC specs. Nvidia and AMD have released new drivers since the last reply on the post so be sure to update those if you haven't recently.

Resetting BIOS to the default setting is something that has been working for a lot of players experiencing crashes as of lately (updating BIOS works too, but that is more of an advanced PC troubleshooting steps we advise exercising caution when performing)

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 36 of 57 (856 Views)

★★ Novice

Not the same poster but I get the same crash, just not all the time.  Happens more rarely.

Message 37 of 57 (846 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

I've been playing apex stable on potato settings and it plays stable only on 60 fps and i don't know why but only if i set my monitor refresh rate to 60hz. So i stopped playing... game feels laggy on that settings and like there was a lot of delay - unacceptable in fps games. My servers are far, so my ping is already big and to add this... it's unplayable.

I will try new drivers as you suggested, but after 6 months of problems and 4 months of 0 patchs addressing this problem i doubt it will do anything.

I will keep you posted and attach dxdiag after instalation and testing.

Message 38 of 57 (834 Views)

Community Manager

@Im_Not_Sue 

Nice RTX card btw. 

Have you tried updating to the newest Windows 10 Build? It looks like you're on 17663 which is an older version. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to look for updates. 

Do you get this error when you run the game at different graphical settings and have you tried making custom adjustments to the Nvidia Control Panel (or reset settings to default)?

Blueberry.png
Message 39 of 57 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I have the same issue currently and I made a post about this and it was also pushed onto a solved topic, but it isn't solved. But since this page is a lot more active I'll post my issue here.

I used to have the Hung crash issue and with the latest 436.02 update, instead of getting Hung crashes, I now get gpu removed / updating. However, it's a very weird occurrence since I don't crash in a constant way. I usually crash in game on the ship and it's very constant with the Hung crashes because that's how I would crash too. So it kind of "rename" it self to another error. I have done a DDU clean install of 436.02, however I didn't remove PhysX and Nvidia folder when uninstalling via DDU.

On another note, I posted this on Reddit with weird packet in and out when using the shop. I don't know how to check for ins and out of packets, but I do know it's very bad since I have a USB wifi adapter and it gets broken when there's too much load onto it. When buying packs in game shop, it broke my USB wifi adapter, and also when opening packs. I assume this has to do with server syncing which might be a fix for code:leaf stuff, but that's my guess. However, it isn't as a big of an issue as the crashes since it doesn't ruin games. I feel bad when I play ranked and I crash which has happened maybe 3 or 4 times and there's nothing I can do.

If anyone has an idea on what to do, I'd give it a go. This only happens for Apex Legends, but I have recently started playing less of Fortnite. This hasn't happened in the past until 436.02 driver update, but if I went back on that update I would get Hung crashes, which happens far more often. I'll provide any information if possible

EDIT: I have followed this guide to get more fps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ03GRVmsj8

I feel like these are very standard stuff and not like insane tweeks, but it could make or break the game I guess.

Message 40 of 57 (812 Views)