CTD w/ Error Message

by wigwagged

Original Post

Re: 0x887A0006 + lost all games in my Origin library. This is unacceptable.

★★★ Apprentice

This is completely unrelated to virtual memory. Whatever happened in the latest updated completely screwed the game up for me and it has nothing to do with me. It's very sad to see that this very error has been an issue for many since Titanfall 2's launch and now it's back in Apex Legends. This is almost as comical as Fallout 4's bugs being in Fallout 76. Almost.

Message 21 of 48 (4,999 Views)

Error 0x887A0006 Crash

★★★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded the game and haven't been able to play a single game it keeps crashing and nothing works.

"Engine error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" it says it "failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application"

Message 22 of 48 (5,009 Views)
Highlighted

CTD w/ Error Message

★ Novice

I was jumping up to a second level balcony in Cascades when, mid jump, my game crashed to desktop with the following message

Message 23 of 48 (4,977 Views)

Re: Apex crash   0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just revert your Nvidia drivers to the older ones. This is main problem because of the latest drivers. It's even noted in the changelog Wink

[Admin Edit - the NVIDIA driver version 419.17 reports to address this issue. Thanks @Konform103 ]

Message 24 of 48 (10,579 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I was getting this error with the old drivers too. RTX 2080 Ti.
Message 25 of 48 (5,028 Views)

Community Manager

@ProznZ @Zeelmaekers @GhasuOne @SanmiCrew @xuvvy 

Most people on this thread seem to be using an NVIDIA GPU. We have seen reports that this issue can be reduced or eliminated by using the 417.35 driver set.

Please download those drivers and when you run thew install, choose Advanced and then select 'Clean Installation'.

417.35 NVIDIA drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/141169/en-us

Let us know how this goes for you, thanks.

barry.png
Message 26 of 48 (4,979 Views)

Thanks for everyone that helped looking for a solution! ^-^

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 27 of 48 (4,926 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm having this error with Radeon as well. Both latest and older drivers. Fix your game.
Message 28 of 48 (4,875 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@ProznZ @Zeelmaekers @GhasuOne @SanmiCrew @xuvvy 

Most people on this thread seem to be using an NVIDIA GPU. We have seen reports that this issue can be reduced or eliminated by using the 417.35 driver set.

Please download those drivers and when you run thew install, choose Advanced and then select 'Clean Installation'.

417.35 NVIDIA drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/141169/en-us

Let us know how this goes for you, thanks.

Thank you for your response. I am using AMD CPU (FX-6300 stable OC w/o Turbo) and AMD GPU (R9 270X TOXIC). I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and the latest version of GPU drivers available. This issue startes happening immediately after the latest patch that was going to fix crashes caused by slower HDDs. I have not gotten past the looting phase in a single match, it often boots me to desktop with that error before the legend select screen even. The error states that it is programmer's mistake in writing of that code and I firmly believe it to be true. Most people will agree that the game has become less stable after the update.

Message 29 of 48 (4,822 Views)

Re: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung

★★★ Novice

AMD R9280. 0x887a0006 -DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung 5 times of 10

Message 30 of 48 (4,597 Views)