Re: 0x887A0006 + lost all games in my Origin library. This is unacceptable.

by xuvvy

Original Post

★★★ Novice
It's game foult.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/direct3ddxgi/dxgi-error
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
0x887A0006
The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.
Message 11 of 48 (6,924 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

The games have since come back in the Library. I would also like to note that when the game crashes with this error, this also pops up:

I have updated my drivers and it didn't fix anything. Disabling or enabling gamemode or cores doesn't do anything either. I physically cannot enter a game without this crash happening before the match even starts, it is physically impossible to play since the latest update. Thanks, Respawn.

Message 12 of 48 (6,913 Views)

Engine Error 0x887A0006

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This morning I had a nvidia driver update and ever since I keep getting the same error 5 out of 7 games since the update: 

0x887A0006 - DXGI _ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The applications device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

Any help is appreciated 

Message 13 of 48 (6,919 Views)

★★★ Novice
If u have virtual memory in windows off, turn it back on.
Message 14 of 48 (6,909 Views)

Apex crash   0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★ Apprentice

Apex crash   0x887A0006

QQ图片20190214232952.png

Message 15 of 48 (7,240 Views)

Re: Apex crash   0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★ Apprentice

I get this error too. It's random, sometimes I get it two games in a row and other times I can play 6 matches without a hitch.

There are some troubleshooting suggestions on the main forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Community-Crashing-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/7447308

I spent half a day trying out all these suggestions and I still get the problem.

Message 16 of 48 (7,228 Views)

Re: Apex crash   0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes same thing here.. I tried multiple fixes but still getting the error.. It really is a shame since it makes the expereince not enjoyable at all.. Constantly getting kicked mid match.. loosing all progress is absolutely obnoxious.. Please fix this EA and Respawn

Message 17 of 48 (7,207 Views)

Re: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung

Update:

I'm currently rolling back my GPU Driver to 417.71 (NVIDEA)

Then repairing client en restarting my pc.

lets hope this worksDisappointed

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 18 of 48 (6,914 Views)

Re: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung

★★ Apprentice

I've crashed with this error in the last 5 games, 4 of them I was top 3. If whatever EA community manager is reading this, I know you have to portray this image that your product is fine and in a positive light, but there are thousands of people with this issue.

I really want to play this game without issues, but at this rate I'm losing desire to due to these crashes disrupting my play. It's extremely frustrating. I've tried 4 different drivers, repaired, reinstalled, I haven't overclocked anything. Please focus on this issue or tell us you're at least working on fixing this particular problem.

I provided a dxdiag

Message 19 of 48 (6,904 Views)

0x887a0006 error after patch

★★★ Newbie

The game was working fine until the last patch. I am now getting the "0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung" message on start up.

I understand there are a few ways to work around it, like repairing the game from the origin launcher. That one worked for me last night.

I understand the game is not only free, but new. However, I was hoping someone in EA could make public when they are planning on releasing the next patch to fix this because I'm not returning until the issue is resolved. 

I've attached my DXDIAG and a screenshot of the error. 

Thank you,

Tom

Message 20 of 48 (6,891 Views)