Re: 0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by iamballmeat

Original Post

0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Apprentice
"0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The applications device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed." EA chat support is a joke. ive been having this issue for over a month with a crash every 3 games. i have a 2080ti, 3700x, etc. anyone have an actual solution to this problem? the "solutions" they give me in the EA chat havent done squat. I know theres a lot of people with 20 series cards that have this crash 

Message 1 of 6 (631 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@iamballmeat So the error they are seeing is generally related to their GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of their GPU drivers.
They also need to ensure that they:
Have installed driver 417.35
Turn on vsync
Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc"

has this actually work for anyone? its there "solution" to this problem
Message 2 of 6 (621 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

driver they want you to download is from 12/12/2018. wouldnt that affect performence in everry other game i play?

Message 3 of 6 (618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yep its stupid 2019 and game devs are still struggling 

Message 4 of 6 (494 Views)

Apex engine error

★ Guide

?

Bez tytułu.png

Message 5 of 6 (471 Views)

★ Apprentice

I installed the 417.35 driver and it still crashes with the exact same error. I am going to revert back since that clearly didn't fix anything. Whatever the issue is, it absolutely needs to be sorted by now. It has already been a few years since the first report of this problem... 

Message 6 of 6 (332 Views)