Re: 0x887A0006-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by iamballmeat

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@iamballmeat i shut it off as well as my other visual settings and happened back to back games
Message 11 of 20 (652 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@iamballmeat wrote:
@iamballmeati shut it off as well as my other visual settings and happened back to back games

what about vsync in nvidia control panel is on ?

Message 12 of 20 (642 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Sp4ceb4lls happens every three games still its getting to the point where im not gunna play this anymore till theres a fix. its too frustrating dropping a game when your last team in ranked or last team in any game lol done with this dodo
Message 13 of 20 (587 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@iamballmeat wrote:
@Sp4ceb4llshappens every three games still its getting to the point where im not gunna play this anymore till theres a fix. its too frustrating dropping a game when your last team in ranked or last team in any game lol done with this dodo

I asked you if you have vsync on in nvidia control panel or in game!?

Message 14 of 20 (576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have same problem like you and there is no fix for it. I also posted on nvidia forums but nobody from nvidia even care. EA and RESPAWN devs are silent. I hope someone will create post on reddit and get upvoted so someone from respawn can actually start fixing this crap.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/331376/apex-legends-dxgierrordevic...

Btw anyone that suggest you do this or do that wont help you. You will waste time.

Im on fresh windows installation win 10 build 1909 with all drivers up to date. My pc is superstable and only game that give this error is Apex Legends. Game is problem not your pc. Doing settings in nvidia panel or in changing in game settings wont help you. Also going back to driver that fixed apex legends is not worth you will get error no matter what. Sometimes you can play entire day without error and sometimes you will crash 3 or more times per day. 

Message 15 of 20 (571 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Sib3riX i just reinstalled apex and origin and got the error again
i then repaired the game in origin and didnt get the error since. that was only yesterday tho

Give it a try. i dont think its a permanent fix but seems to be working since. but ya there silence is concerning if you look up that same code in this forum, you can find a post from October of 2016 from one of the titanfall games that had the same error. which is even more concerning because years later they still have no fix. RIP
Message 16 of 20 (544 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Sib3riX ya all the solutions they give are * too. Clean boot windows, install old drivers, one guy in ea official chat support told me to make sure i have a big enough power supply lololol
Message 17 of 20 (543 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@iamballmeat the * was BS apparently were not adults enough to curse a little lol rip again EA
Message 18 of 20 (542 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@iamballmeat first crash since repair in firing range..... this is ridiculous. Cant get answers from anyone on this, hopfully it goes away with update on 12/3
Message 19 of 20 (529 Views)

★ Apprentice

Everyone should spam nvidia feedback form so they actually od something

To report a software issue, please fill out the NVIDIA driver feedback form. This will help us collect the specific information needed to reproduce your issue and prioritize driver fixes: https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/332096/geforce-44166-game-ready-dr...

Message 20 of 20 (425 Views)