Re: windows 11 won't play my expansion packs

by crazylady201162

Original Post

windows 11 won't play my expansion packs

★★★ Newbie

i upgraded my windows 10 to the new windows 11 over a month ago,  and i loaded my sims 3 expansion pack about 2 or 3 weeks ago and it worked fine until 2 days ago then I got a message saying Windows 11 will only play one expansion pack, and right now it only plays the base game. this is a new problem, i don't understand why it worked fine to that point. do i need to go back to windows 10? please help.

jennifer 

Message 1 of 5 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]

@crazylady201162  That's a new error to me.  Please post a screenshot of it.  I'd also like to know whether your packs appear in the launcher, and if so, what happens when you check the boxes to enable all of them.

For good measure, please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am on a computer windows 11 and i don't have a clue about screenshots, i only got the post once, and i closed it. so i don't know if it was a hack or what.  it said it was from Microsoft. that is all i know. i ran norton  full scan it did not find anything, i'm just at a loss

Message 3 of 5 (289 Views)

@crazylady201162  Okay, then please do the other things I asked: check all the boxes in the launcher's Expansions & Stuff tab and see what happens, and run a dxdiag and attacch it to a post.

If you do see the message again, you can take a screenshot by clicking Windows key-shift-S and dragging your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  Once you take the screenshot, click the notification in the lower right corner of your screen and save the image to your desktop; you can attach it to a post from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (287 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok i'll give it a try, i'm not good at this stuff

Message 5 of 5 (285 Views)