Re: why isn't my game running

by crinrict

Original Post

why isn't my game running

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have uninstalled the game twice and I have uninstalled and installed origin. This has been going on for two days pls help. I could open the game and all there is i a white screen and it takes 30 minutes to load up. I have no custom content either.

Message 1 of 4 (234 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@XanthiIsTheBest

Did you make any changes to your game or computer before this happened?

Try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example, your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

• Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Message 2 of 4 (217 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@XanthiIsTheBest, since you don't have any CC or Mods, then the first thing I would do is to try to repair the game through Origin. Hopefully that does the trick, but if it doesn't, then please update us so we can further help you!  (And if this does help, you can still update us too! Wink)

Best of luck! 

Edit:  Oops! Oops  I while I was replying @CMeki was replying! I hope one of these suggestions helps! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (216 Views)

Hero
@XanthiIsTheBest

Moved this to tech issues.

Carry on

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (201 Views)