Re: why isn't my expansion pack showing in my game?

by 09872317

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why isn't my expansion pack showing in my game?

★★ Novice

Yesterday I bought the expansion pack Discover University and it's not showing up in my game. On Origin, it says that the pack is purchased and installed, but it's not showing up in my game. I tried to repair the game, but it's still not showing up. I'm really stressed because I just wasted money on something that won't work. What should I do?

Message 1 of 13 (847 Views)

Accepted Solution

@09872317  There are two distinctions here.  The regular version of Sims 4 vs. the Digital Deluxe is meaningless here: the Digital Deluxe has a few extra items, but both can run in 32- or 64-bit.  The Legacy Edition is 32-bit in Windows, whereas the non-LE, what I called the standard version, is 64-bit.  You're running the 32-bit version, as in, the Legacy Edition, and it doesn't matter whether you purchased the Digital Deluxe or not.

Again, if you're not sure whether your computer requires the Legacy Edition, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 13 (767 Views)

All Replies

@09872317  What version number does your game have?  Load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look for the version number along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

Message 2 of 13 (828 Views)

★★ Novice

It's 1.75.125.1530

Message 3 of 13 (817 Views)

@09872317  You're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4, and the LE doesn't support any packs released after October 2019, including Discover University.  If you're not sure whether your computer can run the standard version of Sims 4, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you are in fact stuck with the LE, you can request a refund from EA customer support.  Even though Sims 4 packs are generally not eligible for refunds, support often makes an exception in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 4 of 13 (792 Views)

★★ Novice

Will it run on the deluxe version?

Message 5 of 13 (785 Views)

★★ Novice

And also I searched what was the standard version and it said that it was the legacy edition.

Message 6 of 13 (782 Views)

@09872317  There are two distinctions here.  The regular version of Sims 4 vs. the Digital Deluxe is meaningless here: the Digital Deluxe has a few extra items, but both can run in 32- or 64-bit.  The Legacy Edition is 32-bit in Windows, whereas the non-LE, what I called the standard version, is 64-bit.  You're running the 32-bit version, as in, the Legacy Edition, and it doesn't matter whether you purchased the Digital Deluxe or not.

Again, if you're not sure whether your computer requires the Legacy Edition, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

Message 7 of 13 (768 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you know the Sims 4 contact information?

Message 8 of 13 (750 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@09872317 

I take it that you mean support. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4&platform=pc&category=technical-support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 13 (741 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thank you for helping me

Message 10 of 13 (735 Views)