why is sims4 not launching when I add cc furniture in the mods folder??

by TheSIM_4playr

Original Post

why is sims4 not launching when I add cc furniture in the mods folder??

★★★ Newbie

I have tried several websites to find cc furniture sets that wont make the sims 4 crash every time I try to play. I have tried tsr, tumblr, the sims dom, etc. I put all the furniture files in my mods folder, but it still makes my game crash. I have taken all my mods out and  put them in a separate folder so that I could try to repair and update the game. Then I put the mods back into the mods folder. I do have some script mods but they have never affected my game because once I take out all the furniture mods, my game starts perfectly fine. Why are my cc furniture mods making my game unable to launch. Please help. 

Message 1 of 3 (897 Views)

Re: why is sims4 not launching when I add cc furniture in the mods folder??

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@TheSIM_4playr

The CC furniture is created based on the EA object from the game. In this furniture, EA places interaction scripts. If CC creator used older versions of EA furniture before the addition "Dogs and cats" then these interactions will not match the current version of the game and the game will not run.

It is not important if you have "Dogs and cats" or not. Patch added these interactions to all the furniture in the game. So if the CC creator used the furniture from before this patch, now you have a problem.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (888 Views)

Re: why is sims4 not launching when I add cc furniture in the mods folder??

★★ Pro

Hi @TheSIM_4playr  

Perhaps try just a few at a time, (it could be just 1 breaking your game) and not too many? Also, the Sims 4 Studio has what it calls 'batch fixes' for all the packs.. (and a forum to help you work with it, if needed) therefore fine-tunes different problems with cc, I have a lot of cc and use this and other tools. 

If you are new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining your game. 

Sasha

nb: Sims Fan & I have no connection to EA

Message 3 of 3 (866 Views)