Re: why is my sims 4 not loading

by geoffsfringe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why is my sims 4 not loading

★ Novice

so i got a new gaming pc thinking that my old gaming pc was just being * (it was because it was so old but i thought because of that, this was happening) but every time i created a new household, i would start a game, as one would. but it would take me to the loading screen going into the map to buy a house, and would stay like that for ten minutes (maybe even longer). now being i was in a loading screen, i couldn't just pull down the menu bar and quit, so i would have to restart my entire computer just to shut down sims. when i would reopen the saved family, it would finally take me to the map, let me buy a house, but now the loading screen to go into the house is doing the same thing. after five+ years playing any sims game, this has never happened to me. 

so i mean like, all i want to know is why my loading screens dont actually load. is it a certain cc I have? or a mod that is breaking my game? do i just have to wait another 20 minutes because all of my expansions and add-ons need to load? this has literally never happened before, idk. I already looked this up but there have been no problems like it except for one where the person said that i would have to go into my options and turn down my games graphic settings to low and laptop mode, but it doesnt work at all. 

ahHH please someone help, ive gone like months w/o playing sims and im becoming deprived. i miss my sims :'((((

Message 1 of 4 (510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Could you try renaming your The Sims 4 folder in Documents, test the game, it will be empty from CC and your saves, see how that goes. 
If it runs fine I think I might be CC related, so rename the first folder back to 'The Sims 4' and test your CC by taking half out, test, and keep splitting until you find all the broken files and delete those.

If it has the same issue, could you post a DxDiag?
Please follow this how-to on how to gather your DxDiag.
You can post the DxDiag by attaching it to your next reply.
Don't paste it directly into your answer, because that won't fit.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (637 Views)

All Replies

Could you try renaming your The Sims 4 folder in Documents, test the game, it will be empty from CC and your saves, see how that goes. 
If it runs fine I think I might be CC related, so rename the first folder back to 'The Sims 4' and test your CC by taking half out, test, and keep splitting until you find all the broken files and delete those.

If it has the same issue, could you post a DxDiag?
Please follow this how-to on how to gather your DxDiag.
You can post the DxDiag by attaching it to your next reply.
Don't paste it directly into your answer, because that won't fit.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (638 Views)

★ Novice

okay thank you! i will try that <3

Message 3 of 4 (477 Views)

★ Novice

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT HELPED AHHH IM SO HAPPY THANK YOU

Message 4 of 4 (467 Views)