Re: why is my building cc only not working

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why is my building cc only not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My building cc is not working I've tried everything like deleting localthumbcache, cache, castre, and onlinelocalthumbcache I've enabled my scripted mods and cc but my clotheing cc is showing up and original build mode objects are showing up but not the cc can anyone help me ive tried everything I'm also on pc not mac

Message 1 of 5 (529 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice
Maybe Download some more furniture and see if its just the cc or the game. **You need to unzip files before you put them in your mods folder, have you done that??

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (499 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Champion

@mavaricksloane24 , while I understand you are on a Windows machine and not a Mac, you really should post in the regular Sims 4 section to insure that you get the proper help you need. Standard smile However, what I am about to tell you works for both the Windows OS and the Mac OS. I will have someone move this to the regular Sims 4 section shortly.

First of all whenever a new patch updates the game, you always need to check with the creators of your favorite mods before updating your game. The patch changes code in the game to fix bugs or update features that perhaps the Mod creators changed to fix issues or to change features of their mods. You should always check the websites/blogs/etc. to see if the Mods had to be updated to work with the latest patch or are ok and not affected by the latest patch. I recommend turning off Automatic Updates to allow you time to check on your favorite mods (or sometimes CC creators) to see if they had to update anything. 

Next, move your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop to allow for the game to generate an entirely new folder. Do NOT delete this folder as this is where your saved games and CC stored. Start up the game to allow for it to generate a new Sims 4 folder as something in the old one may have become corrupt. Start a new game remembering that none of your saved games, CC or mods will be present and play for about an hour to insure that nothing else odd occurs in your game. You can then quit. At this point, you can transfer back your saved games from the Desktop to the new folder. 

Since you are using the Windows OS, there is a program you can use to check for bad CC, but I'm not sure where to find it. I would check your CC before adding it back in. Not sure if this program checks for bad Mods, but I would check with the Mod creators before adding any back in as you may have to download new updated versions. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (507 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Maybe Download some more furniture and see if its just the cc or the game. **You need to unzip files before you put them in your mods folder, have you done that??
Message 3 of 5 (500 Views)

★★ Novice

OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU AFTER A WEEK OF TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT THE ONE THING I DIDNT TRY WAS IT YOU ARE A FLIPPING GENIUS <3 <3

Message 4 of 5 (489 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks to you, this is my first ever problem solve Standard smile!!
Message 5 of 5 (435 Views)