Re: why is my action cue delayed

by cuppicake

Original Post

why is my action cue delayed

★★★★★ Novice

its delayed when i click on my sim 

Message 1 of 10 (450 Views)

@cuppicake  Does this happen in a new save as well?  Please test, for comparison's sake, if you haven't already.

Please also let me know whether you use mods or custom content.  It's fine if you do, I just need to know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict yes i made a new family and i use mods and cc
Message 3 of 10 (402 Views)

@cuppicake  Please try playing in a clean user folder, again for comparison.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you have the same issue.

If you do, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If the new save is fine, you can start adding your mods to the new Sims 4 folder a few at a time, testing to see whether the problem comes back.  If and when it does, you'll know that one of the mods you just added is an issue, and you can split the last batch and test to find out which one.  When you're done sorting through your mods, try your custom content, and when you're done with that, add back your saves.

Message 4 of 10 (399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict how do i run a dxdiag
Message 5 of 10 (393 Views)

@cuppicake  I linked the instructions above.  You can attach the .txt file you get to a post in this thread.

Message 6 of 10 (390 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

this is mine 

Message 7 of 10 (377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@cuppicake it was still delayed
Message 8 of 10 (374 Views)

@cuppicake  Your hard drive is a bit low on space.  While this probably isn't causing your issue, it's a good idea to clear at least another 6 GB or so, for a total of 20 free, for the overall health of your computer.

More to the point, your laptop's 4 GB RAM isn't really enough to run Sims 4 well.  There are steps you can take to help though.  Please restart your computer, and don't open any apps other than Origin.  Test the game, and if you still see the delays, restart your laptop and try again, except this time, put Origin in offline mode before pressing Play,

Message 9 of 10 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict okay thank you
Message 10 of 10 (360 Views)