why does my floor's height increase when i place walls

by j3llyt17

Original Post

why does my floor's height increase when i place walls

★★★ Newbie

This is my first time making a house from scratch so i started off with the walls and the platforms. I'm trying to build walls, but in certain areas my floors increase in levels. Some areas don't make the floor change when I build walls, but there are some areas that do. There are even some spots where I try to build walls and it hightlights some of the objects in the house yellow, but when I place the walls, those objects don't even get deleted so it trips me out. When I use the room tool, it's perfectly fine, but when I use the custom room tool or the wall tool, it increases the height of my floor and my objects get removed so I have to undo the walls. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? I checked my second level and there was nothing up there that could've possibly affected my floors downstairs. The photo shows what happens whenever I try to connect the walls. If I make separate walls that aren't attached to each other then it's fine, but once it's connected like in the photo, it highlights the houses floor and the furniture.

Message 1 of 3 (1,345 Views)

Re: why does my floor's height increase when i place walls

Champion (Retired)

@j3llyt17 

When you finish a room the foundation will be adjusted to that of the adjoining rooms as a house can only have one foundation height. To have different heights a house use platforms. Platform height can also be negative if you want a sunken area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (1,309 Views)

Re: why does my floor's height increase when i place walls

@j3llyt17

I believe this bug report is your issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Platforms-autonomously-raise-height/td-p/9719405

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (1,300 Views)