why does every patch break certain items?

by Zenkitty33

Original Post

why does every patch break certain items?

★★★ Novice

why does every patch or release break the trash cans,sinks & dish washers? sims won't use them for days after every new release & patch. it's making where i don't even want to play. i replace the items over & over & they still won't use them. does anyone else do through this? i have deleted my cc, didn't fix it. 

Message 1 of 2 (375 Views)

Re: why does every patch break certain items?

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Zenkitty33 - I have never gone through this with patches. If every patch breaks something, it's a good bet it's due to mods or cc. That's the price of playing with mods and/or cc; they add a lot of value to your gameplay but they do take a lot of management.

The best practice to follow is before every patch, copy your saves folder and move your mods folder to the desktop (so you don't lose them).  It's not enough to just delete the cc or turn it off, you need to delete the cache and repair the game too. After updating the game:

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
    • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
    • Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator"
    • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
    • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed.

If a new game works, then try your existing games to see if everything is working. If everything is working without mods, then copy back your mods & cc a few at a time, checking in game after each add to make sure they're still working correctly. If you have a lot of mods, use the 50/50 method. If you find any cc or mods that are causing an issue, check with the creator to see if they have an updated version.

For now, if you're experiencing this issue, move your mods folder to the desktop, make a copy of your saves as a backup, and follow the instructions above to find the offending cc. You should be able to use your trash cans, sinks & dishwashers. Fingers crossed If this doesn't solve your problem, reply back and let us know what specifically happens - do they try to use them but can't get to them, or do they just ignore them completely? The more detail the better. Good luck and happy simming!

Message 2 of 2 (345 Views)