Re: why do my sims look like sand?

by Alistu

Original Post

why do my sims look like sand?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I'm not sure, but whatever the newest update is
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except StrangerVille, luxury, the spook stuff back, and the gym stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure?
What happens when the bug occurs? At all times for certain sims
What do you expect to see? all the time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed island living

Some of my sims spawn in looking like they are covered in sand. It's very strange. I'm not sure what's happening, I've tried resetting them, exiting and entering the game, moving lots. everything. :\

Message 1 of 4 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Remove all your mods and custom content out and delete the Localthumbcache.package and run the game to see if your sims are still looking like sand. You will need to do the 50 50 method to find the mod and / or custom content item(s) that's causing the issue for you.

Message 2 of 4 (439 Views)

Hero
@jadah1234 Moved this to tech as it's most probaly an issue with your custom content.

See suggestion above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (414 Views)

★★ Guide
@jadah1234 Judging from your first image this is possibly an issue with custom skintones. I'm going on the fact that you can see the female nipples being painted over the clothing. The way skintones work in the game was altered to work with tanning and burning and not all CC skintones are currently compatible.
Message 4 of 4 (400 Views)