Re: where do i find the serial code from a steam download

by UsuallyMusic01

Original Post

where do i find the serial code from a steam download

★★★ Newbie

i downloaded sims 3 off of steam a year or so ago. n im just now finally getting to register my game with ea website.  i cant find the serial code that i got when i first downloaded it ... does anyone kno where i can find it ?

Message 1 of 27 (51,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

if it's still in the steam library try right click the game icon view CD key

edit to a link to an FAQ  http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Steam-VS-Origin-VS-Discs/td-p/3135440

Message 2 of 27 (51,769 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This does not work for me it’s too long!?!

Message 3 of 27 (46,701 Views)

@galaxycookie300  Do you mean that the code is longer than the Sims 3 Store or Origin allows?  You want the option to "register a game," which requires 20 characters, rather than "redeem a code," which only requires 16.  The first option is for the base game and its packs; the second is for bonus content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 27 (46,683 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I figured it out but when I click register it brings me to the “it looks like you already have an account...ect.” But I go put in the password and it doesn’t work then I click forgot password and it asks me to sing in again I have been trying to figure this out for almost a year now and at this point I’m ready to just give up...

Message 5 of 27 (46,670 Views)

@galaxycookie300  Try clearing all of your browser caches, and then see if you can reset your password.  The store site is usually more reliable than Origin, but sometimes it acts up and doesn't cooperate for a couple of days.  If you've ever signed in while playing, either at the launcher or Main Menu, it's also a good idea to clear your Internet Explorer cache, as TS3 uses it for some purposes.

clear IE cache:  https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Message 6 of 27 (46,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what did you do to figure it out???

Message 7 of 27 (46,421 Views)

@InducedSpirit  What exactly do you need help with?  If you're looking for the Steam CD keys, the original response has a helpful screenshot.  These codes are 20 characters long and can be registered to your account either in Origin or the Sims 3 Store.  For the store, be sure to click on "register a game" rather than "redeem a code."

If there's something else, please post back describing precisely what isn't working for you.

Message 8 of 27 (46,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sims 3 on steam does not have a CD code

Message 9 of 27 (44,623 Views)

@UsuallyMusic01  Steam does in fact provide what it calls "CD keys" for the base game and each pack you own.  The keys are product codes that can be registered in Origin the same way disc codes can; these codes can be found in your Steam game library:

Steam CD key.png

If you click on "CD key" (shown in red), a popup appears with the codes.

In case it matters to anyone, these codes cannot be seen in mac OS.  Steam doesn't even show the category.

Message 10 of 27 (44,617 Views)