Re: where do i find the serial code from a steam download

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

How did you get there

Message 11 of 27 (3,253 Views)

@SGUYY_11  The setup in Steam has changed a bit.  Now you need to click the gear icon (in the red box below), then Manage > CD Keys.

find Steam codes.png

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 27 (3,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Hello, I've been trying to find my CD key and it doesn't appear as an option despite going to gear icon > Manage. The options I have are:

Add desktop shortcut
Browse local files
Hide this game
Uninstall
Message 13 of 27 (3,099 Views)

@wired4sims  When did you buy the game, or do you only have an EA Play subscription for Sims 3?  I just loaded my Steam library and can still see my CD keys, but I've owned the game for three years.  More recently, there was an issue with Steam keys and EA Play which led to... I guess Steam pulling the keys?  I'm not sure what the official stance is, but it would help if you let me know when and how you got the game.

Message 14 of 27 (3,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am having the same problem Frown  I have had mine since Feb 2020 but having the same problem, it's not giving me an option for CD Key. I did not download it from a CD, but purchased and downloaded directly from Steam. I am looking to download some extras from EA and have created an EA account now but it is asking me for my game's serial number. Not sure how to get around it. Help appreciated.

Message 15 of 27 (2,992 Views)

@littlegamingdoll  This is an unfortunate side effect of a recent change to the way Steam handles CD keys for EA products.  I don't know whether it will work, but you could try contacting Steam support and asking for the key directly.

If that doesn't help, please let me know, and I'll ask someone from EA what else can be done.  This isn't the way Sims 3 on Steam is supposed to work, so hopefully there's another approach to retrieving your product key.

Message 16 of 27 (2,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Steam just Say to go to Origin and ask them. I did that and have to wait now for a Supportworker
Message 17 of 27 (2,775 Views)

★ Novice

unfortunately, i cant find the cd code for just the base game. any idea where that is? i have a whole lot of other cds, but not the base game. 

Message 18 of 27 (2,763 Views)
Highlighted

@DerPestd0kt0r  Please let me know whether you end up getting the CD key from EA support.  If not, maybe there's something else to do here; I'll ask around.

@thatwhichisi  I was under the impression that Steam support was supposed to provide the base game CD key if it was requested.  That didn't work for the other recent poster, but you can try asking and see if you get a different outcome.  Otherwise, try contacting EA customer support instead.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 19 of 27 (2,754 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same Problem btw. I just bought the game on steam and have no CD-Key. Has anyone who had the same problem already gotten his cd-ey?

Message 20 of 27 (2,713 Views)