where can i find my old cd games

by mariellio

Original Post

where can i find my old cd games

★★★ Newbie

Well. the problem is that in 2013 i think i bought some sims 3 cd's. pets. abisions, travel and so. so how can i find them again? 

because when i bought the cd's, origin wasn't invented

Message 1 of 2 (265 Views)

Re: where can i find my old cd games

Hero (Retired)

@mariellio  Is the base game in Origin now?  If you do not have Origin you need to get the game in Origin first. You no longer need the disc as the activation code is all you need. The software on the discs is generic and may or may not work (it has to patch to work with Origin) and you should get the digital download version because that should work in Origin without patching. The reason for this is because Windows and OS X no longer support the DRM of SecuROM and SafeDisc. After Origin updates the core game to version 1.69 the DRM of SecuROM and SafeDisc is removed and/or disabled. What this means there is no longer an install limit and you no longer required to have a disc in the optical drive (which a lot of laptops no longer have) to play the game. Prior to Origin the DRM was loose and the activation code was stored on the local computer. To get the codes if you have access to the pc (don't know about mac) and you have reformatted the operating system yet you can Google gamekeyrevealer - run gamekeyrevealer and if the codes are still in the registry (they should be) the codes should be displayed.

Message 2 of 2 (257 Views)