when i download sims, they don't show up in premade

by katelynk005

Original Post

when i download sims, they don't show up in premade

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

so i have tried to download sims multiple times, different sims. only one showed up in the sims 3 premade sims, i download the sims, and it says they're downloaded, but when i go into the game, the sims are not there. i know its not because of all their custom content they look different, because most of the time the custom content downloads with it, or i already have the custom content. no new sims get added into the gallery. i dont know why this happens, it says its a success, and then she has the little installed logo next to her, but it still doesn't show up in my game, and then when i quit and check back, she still has the yellow caution sign next to her again. i have her hair, and a lot of the outfits she comes with, i don't know the issue, i downloaded her from the same creator where i downloaded another sim, and that sim went into my game, but jenna and a lot of other sims aren't going into my game. i dont know why this happens.

Message 1 of 2 (436 Views)

Re: when i download sims, they don't show up in premade

@katelynk005  Some sims appear in the Create a Sim bin for you to further edit in CAS, not in the Edit Town bin where you can just place them in houses.  If the missing sims aren't there either, try installing them into a clean game folder.  Pull your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts (putting it on your desktop is fine), and open the launcher to spawn a new folder.

Download just one of the sims and install, and then download and install the sim's cc if necessary.  Then check your game to see whether that sim shows up.  If so, the problem is likely a corrupt file in your old game folder.  Let me know, and I'll write out how to proceed from there.  If the sim still doesn't show up, please PM me the link to that sim as well as any associated cc.  And let me know what kind of install this is: Origin, Steam, disc, etc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (419 Views)