when going to work sims wear wrong clothes and even wrong gender clothes

by MisterGrand

Original Post

when going to work sims wear wrong clothes and even wrong gender clothes

★★★ Newbie

Game was even uninstalled just to check but here we go.  While playing the game for the first time with an all male settings to my Sim upon going to work the uniform skin will be replaced with a random female outfit.  Even after a promotion, still female.  I play with no mods and just "Get to Work" expansion.  Please help me!

Message 1 of 3 (4,256 Views)

Re: when going to work sims wear wrong clothes and even wrong gender clothes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Good afternoon @MisterGrand ;

Sounds like the game generated a rather weird career outfit for you; for most of the base game outfits, they tend to be randomly generated from a select group of outfits, however the later releases have added more to that randomization pool.

There's a workaround you can use if you don't mind using some of the cheat commands:

- Use CTRL+SHIFT+C to bring up the cheat command window. (Make sure the Sim you want to change outfits is selected.)

- Type: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas in the field, then hit Enter.

- You will be in CAS with your Sim's current career outfit. (Do NOT change from the "Casual" section while in CAS changing your career outfit.)

- Change your career outfit to your specifications, then hit the check mark on the lower-right.

Note: It is possible your outfit will change if you get promoted again; this will stop occurring when your Sim reaches the top of their career.

- B

Message 2 of 3 (4,243 Views)

Re: when going to work sims wear wrong clothes and even wrong gender clothes

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, and when using that cheat to go into CAS and edit the outfit, it literally displayed no masculine outfits whatsoever. CAS auto-populated the 'masculine' filter since my sim was set with that preference, but zero outfits, articles of clothing, or accessories showed up  in any category. Once I removed that filter, I was able to see CAS items, but still only those under the feminine filter. I agree that the outfits (party or evening dresses in both the writer career levels before I got fed up and cheated my sim into one of the tuxedos that shows up as feminine) were randomly generated, but it also seems as though there could be a bug preventing any masculine items from even being considered in that pool. Maybe that's just me and maybe it won't affect other career options in my game, but, with all due respect, it does seem like something worth looking into.

Message 3 of 3 (3,008 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help