Original Post

Accepted Solution

what to do if your game options arent saving

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, discover university, island living, seasons, parent hood, vampires, laundry day stuff, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? when I TRY saving my game options and restarting the game options do NOT save ive been trying for 3 days now.
What do you expect to see? The game options to save so I can play the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I try changing my game options and it tells me to restart the game for the options to work, I restart the game and my game options arent saved. Ive been trying for 3 days.

Message 1 of 8 (873 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: what to do if your game options arent saving

@LostEvelynGirl  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file called options.ini.  You'll need to reset all your in-game options, but hopefully the changes you want to make will stick this time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (610 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@LostEvelynGirl Moving this to console tech so someone can assist you with troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (817 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@LostEvelynGirl What options are you selecting that require a game restart?

Can you please check the version number of your game by pressing both triggers and the bumpers simultaneously to bring up the cheat box. Once the cheat box is open, type in the word Version. Press enter, then scroll to the top of the list until you see the word "base." The number after "base" is your game version.
Message 3 of 8 (793 Views)

★★★ Pro

Congratulations on ranking up to hero you deserve it.

Message 4 of 8 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper the options im selecting are the "allow custom content and mods" and the graphics to make my game run smoother

I checked the version number and got :1.64.4.1020 (64 bit) Im on a Windows 10 (Laptop)

Message 5 of 8 (711 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@LostEvelynGirl Thank you. You put XBox on your report, so your post was moved to the console board. I will move your post to the PC board so you can get appropriate help.
Message 6 of 8 (672 Views)

@LostEvelynGirl  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file called options.ini.  You'll need to reset all your in-game options, but hopefully the changes you want to make will stick this time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 8 (611 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict OMG IT WORKED THANK YOU SM 

Message 8 of 8 (570 Views)