Re: what is happening with the sims 4

by SheriGR

Original Post

what is happening with the sims 4

★ Novice

i got a huge problem with my Origin and The Sims 4. first thing i noticed was the game start. when i tried to open my sims game, origin freezed. and i had to restart my whole computer- didn't think much of it at first. new updates can be a little messy at first. but now it's almost like winning the lottery if i even get to the frontscreen in the sims 4- as we all know... it's 1 in a million...

last night i uninstalled the sims. and re-installed it again. it worked fine until i closed the game, and guess what! i'm doing the same metod again right now. 

i use mods, yes i do. 

but, here's the funny -or not- thing, i remove all my CC and mods. from the "mods" map and the "tray map. so nothing is left then the original content.

it still won't work...

for the last week i have been doing way to much effort trying to make it work.

- open the sims 4,

~ wait until the -game start- screen turns white

- close the game.

- move all custom content, tray & mods.

- unistall the sims.

- remove the whole game from the computer

- re-install the sims.

- open the game

~ let it be until the white screen comes up

- click on something else (spotify, chrome ect) 

- click the half-page-window button

~ wait until the plombob-screen comes up  ( that ONLY shows up when i do this annoying little trick)

- close the game again.

- move back All CC, to both tray and the mod folders

- re-start the game once again. 

- click on (spotify, chrome ect)

- smaller the page so i can see when it starts.

~ wait until you finally reach the main game screen, and then play. 

- do the same process the next time...

pretty much? yeah. and it only takes 2 and a half hours to do.

why i'm posting this is pretty clear. i can't waste so much time when i really shouldn't be in need of putting 30min on it.

it's your work the give the players what they paid for. not working? well it's your responsabillity to fix it! i didn't pay $44 for something thats not working.

i paid 499:- sek for it. 1 dollar is 9,40 swedish crowns. and that's a lot! 

so please fix it. 

gets really stressy after awhile, hope you understand

also i pray google translate will be able to help you understand everything. thanks!  

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Re: what is happening with the sims 4

Champion

@nisseliy02 Can you please try the following exactly as listed without skipping any steps, and not re-add any of the Mods or CC and let me know if this issue returns?

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped. 

If it was Mods/CC: If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (223 Views)