Re: video card error

by rakk7012

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@rakk7012  Please check for updates for all your other system drivers.  Hit Windows key-X, choose the Device Manager, then open each section, click on each entry, and click the black and green Update button in the menu.  Many devices won't have updates available, which is fine; the point is to make Windows look in each case.  Restart your computer when you're done.

Before opening Origin, please disable a couple services it uses.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "msconfig" without quotes.  In the Services tab, look for the OriginClientService and OriginWebHelperService and uncheck the box for each.  Open Origin and disable the web helper, which is under Application Settings > Application.  Then restart your computer before trying to play.  Please still run Origin as an admin.  And make sure Origin in-game is disabled before you try to play.

Additionally, please take your computer offline before launching the game, as in, disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable.  If you get a different error, that's fine; this is just to see what happens.

@Aledreon  The original poster's dxdiag clearly shows they already have the newest Nvidia driver installed.  And running TS4_x64.exe from the Bin folder wouldn't cause Origin to open the 64-bit version instead of 32-bit: regardless of the .exe you click on, Origin will launch the version it's set to use.  Try it sometime.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 31 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@puzzlezaddict You don't seem to understand me. My suggestion was to run TS4_x64.exe directly from the Bin folder, rather than launch The Sims 4 through Origin. If you first start Origin but do not start the game from Origin, and then run TS4_x64.exe which is located in the Bin folder, then Origin will not start, because it will already be running. Try to do it yourself, Origin will not open for you, and the game will start, and it will be the 64-bit version that will be launched, and not the Legacy Edition.

Here is a snippet of my dxdiag (see spoiler tag),

Spoiler
Problem signature:
P1: TS4_x64.exe
P2: 1.85.203.1030
P3: 10.0.19043.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

The game works without problems (relatively) despite the fact that there are signatures of problems. Here you can see that TS4_x64.exe is running and not TS4.exe. I suggest starting Origin first, then minimizing it and running TS4_x64.exe from the Bin folder. You suggest launching directly through Origin, although I suggest launching directly not through Origin. Maybe the reason is that I'm running the game not through Origin but from the desktop? When I start the game in the morning, Origin starts first and then the game, but when I start the game for the second time, Origin does not start anymore because it is already running.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 22 of 31 (714 Views)

@Aledreon  If I misunderstood, it's because the suggestion to launch the .exe from the Bin folder doesn't make any sense.  It doesn't matter which .exe you use to launch the game; Origin will always launch the version you've chosen within Origin's settings.  As an example, if you were to double-click on TS4.exe, the 32-bit .exe, with Origin set to launch Sims 4 in 64-bit, Sims 4 would run in 64-bit.  I've tested this before and did so again this morning just to see if anything had changed, which it hasn't.

There are two reasons it might help to launch the game from its .exe, with or without Origin open first.  One is if the player needs to run Sims 4 as an admin, which I mentioned in passing on page 2.  The other is if there's no internet connection and Origin isn't loading the game library.  Neither is relevant here—running Sims 4 as an admin apparently didn't help—so I went with the only other possibility I could think of, that you were suggesting running the game from its .exe to make sure it was running in 64-bit.

As for the snippet from your dxdiag, it doesn't have enough context to be relevant.  For example, you left out the type of error, which is often the most important detail.

Message 23 of 31 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@puzzlezaddict  I apologize for the dispute, I also checked it myself, TS4_x64 really started up, although it started from the Bin_LE folder. In principle, it converges with option 2, I have a constantly high-speed connection. About errors in my dxdiag. I don't worry about bugs in my dxdiag, I don't care.

Message 24 of 31 (667 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Aledreon Yes, but no effect.

Message 25 of 31 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict No updated on menu, I closed the wifi and started the game but is the same message.

By the way, 

I have contacted EA  customer, they asked me followed the run a clean boot on your PC article step and do one time.

But it did not happen some difference.

Attached is after I run a clean boot's Dxdiag file.

Message 26 of 31 (631 Views)

@rakk7012  Please do another clean uninstall and reinstall of the graphics drivers, the same procedure as earlier:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

Except this time, use the original VGA drivers Acer provided for your laptop, which you can get here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5977?b=1

They're quite old and probably won't work well, but the point is to see whether they work at all.  Let me know if you get the same error or a different one, or for that matter if the drivers don't install properly.  If you're asked to install a newer Intel or Nvidia graphics driver, say no, at least for now.

And once again, the procedure is: uninstall the Nvidia driver > uninstall the Intel driver > install the Intel driver > restart > install the Nvidia driver > restart > test.

Message 27 of 31 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Sorry, I followed your step now because I was busy a few days.

I don't know if this is the right way to install VGA driver. VGA driver has two downloads, I install them together in safe mode and restart the computer. 

After restarting the computer I reset the NVIDIA driver sets and start the game, but it shows the same error, and then I  save the DxDiag file.

Message 28 of 31 (520 Views)

@rakk7012  Given the new errors, run a repair install of Windows:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

If you use the option that lets you mount the ISO internally, you won't need a USB stick or anything else.  This process should preserve all your user data, but if you get to step 13 and do NOT see the option to "keep personal files and apps," back out of the process and start again.

Once you've run the repair install, please update your graphics drivers to the newest available versions, the same ones I linked in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/video-card-error/m-p/11386654#M231388

You don't need to clean uninstall your current drivers beforehand.  Install the Intel driver first, then restart, then install the Nvidia driver and restart again.  Run each installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."

Message 29 of 31 (1,691 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict   I repaired install the windows 10 and install the latest intel driver, NVIDIA driver, then restart the computer.

I install the Origin and the sims4,then reset the NVIDIA driver set,then I restart the computer and start the game. 

Suddenly, It can play! But I just install the game (expansion is not yet).

How it works?Just repaired the windows 10? It is magic. 

Thanks you very muchStandard smile

Message 30 of 31 (436 Views)