Re: video card error

by rakk7012

Original Post

@Aledreon wrote:

@rakk7012 I think this is because your game is in a folder for 32 bit systems, i.e. in the program files (x86) so dxdiag shows a 32 bit system.

Sorry, but no.  This isn't how things work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 31 (558 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Aledreon How can I do for it?

@puzzlezaddict I has followed you mentioned, remove command and move the sim4 documents, also uninstall the Nvidia driver, Intel driver, and reinstall them.

I reset the Nvidia sets and run the game, but it still shows the old error(video card error) and the config files(Unable to read graphics device parameters. (code: 1)).

I don't know what can I do for the game Frown   

I think my case is tricky. 

Attached is new dxdiag file.

Message 12 of 31 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]

@rakk7012  Are you still running the game and Origin as an administrator?  If not, please try it again now.

Additionally, you didn't install the newest Intel driver—your dxdiag shows one from 2017 rather than the one I linked.  You can still install it now: download the driver from that link (it's dated 2021), run it as an admin, and restart your computer before trying to play.

Otherwise, I'm going to ask for a consult from someone else, and I or he will get back to you soon.

Message 13 of 31 (537 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@rakk7012 Transfer the game to Program Files and launch the game. A window will appear in which you need to specify a new game directory. But I don't think it will change anything. Look in the nvidia control panel, in the 3d options, go to the program settings tab, click the add button and select TS4.exe, then select the type of GPU, let it be Nvidia. You can try to launch the game. If nothing changes, revert autoselect to GPU type.

Message 14 of 31 (523 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@rakk7012 Code 1 means the device is configured incorrectly. You can try installing the previous Intel Graphics Command Center. Then you can already try to start the game, without any shamanic dances.

Message 15 of 31 (495 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Yes, I did, but it still shows video error. I restart the computer after updated the intel driver and start the game, but it is same message.

Attached is the new DxDiag file 

@Aledreon But it still shows the same message. 

Message 16 of 31 (479 Views)

@rakk7012  Your dxdiag is still listing the 32-bit version of Sims 4, despite your settings, so it's possible something is going on with Origin.  Please clear its cache, as described here:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

However, where it says not to delete the LocalContent folder, please open that folder and delete the Sims 4 folder inside.  Follow the rest of the steps exactly, and restart your computer when you're done.  Make sure Origin is set to launch 64-bit Sims 4 (in Advanced Launch Options) before pressing Play.

If that doesn't help, please clear Origin's cache and do a clean uninstall:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Download the full Origin installer (direct download link):

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Run it as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer afterwards, run Origin itself as an admin, check again that Sims 4 is launching in 64-bit, and try to play.

Message 17 of 31 (460 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@rakk7012 Try updating your nvidia driver for windows 10 64 bit. The driver needs to be downloaded by yourself. Go to google.com in the search form, paste this text "nvidia geforce 940m driver windows 10 64-bit" in the list, among other sites, there will be Nvidia.com, go to it and you will only have to download and install a set of drivers for your video card. You may need to restart your computer. Then you can try to start the sims 4.
Message 18 of 31 (440 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I try to clear its cache and restart but if no effect, I also clean uninstall reinstall the Origin and start the game, but it is the same.

I don't know if the game is 64bit or 32bit, Attached I save the new Dxdiag file.

I am confused why my game becomes 32bit, I only try one time to switch the 32bit.

I can play the game last year, but I didn't switch to 32bit.

@Aledreon  Thanks for your advice, I had tried this method in first time, it has no effect.  

Message 19 of 31 (421 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@rakk7012 Have you tried running TS4_x64 directly from the Bin folder?
Message 20 of 31 (408 Views)