unable to start after Jan 21st update

by inlogtenberg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

unable to start after Jan 21st update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Today I've downloaded the January update for The Sims 4. After I installed the update, I started the game and played for a bit. Everything went fine, the game started without any issues whatsoever. I close the game and turned of my laptop to do something else. About an hour later I try to start up the game again. The game won't start and I get the following error message:

Unable to start due to missing game data. Please download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition from Origin.

[5de4b8a3:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

Again the game started just fine after I installed the update. I didn't do anything with the save data. I have checked the minimal system requirements and as far as I can tel (I'm not super smart with computers), my laptop does fulfill these requirements so I don't really get why it's not starting. Is there any way to not switch to the legacy edition? I have a huge family tree and I kinda don't want to lose the save data...

Message 1 of 4 (314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: unable to start after Jan 21st update

@inlogtenberg  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, or you get the same error later, please look for TS4_x64.exe within the game's installed files.  Unless you changed the default install location in Origin, the full file path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

If the .exe isn't there, your antivirus may have removed it, which has been happening a lot lately.  You'll need to repair again, or if it didn't help, repair while your antivirus is disabled; then set an exception for TS4_x64.exe and another for Origin.exe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (307 Views)

All Replies

@inlogtenberg  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, or you get the same error later, please look for TS4_x64.exe within the game's installed files.  Unless you changed the default install location in Origin, the full file path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

If the .exe isn't there, your antivirus may have removed it, which has been happening a lot lately.  You'll need to repair again, or if it didn't help, repair while your antivirus is disabled; then set an exception for TS4_x64.exe and another for Origin.exe.

Message 2 of 4 (308 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I've tried to repair my games, but after about 2 hours and only 4 repaired packs, I had an error message: 96613:0. After 5 hours and only 7 repaired packs I kinda gave up. Luckily the digital deluxe base game was among the repaired packs and I have been able to start the game again! It seems to run just fine again, thanks for your help. Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (263 Views)

@inlogtenberg  Origin has been doing that a lot lately: taking an unreasonably long time to repair, and often erroring out.  I'm glad that the base game repair went through though.  If you run into the same issue again, you could cancel the repairs of all the packs: they should appear when you hover your cursor over the Download Manager in the lower left corner of the Origin window.

Message 4 of 4 (244 Views)