Re: trying to e

by Hilarious30

Original Post

Accepted Solution

trying to e

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I bought all of my Sims 3 Expansions years ago when I was using a Mac laptop to play through college. This means my base game is about 8 years old. 

Understandably I upgraded to a Windows desktop, however I have been having MASSIVE issues trying to get the Sims 3 to work on my machine. So far I have tried to install manually through the disks. It'll install the base game, but then when I add the first expansion pack and try to open the launcher an error pops up saying that "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details" before promptly closing the launcher. This usually happens after I install the first update. 

This is extremely irritating as I also have a lot of stuff bought from the store over the years that I would like to eventually redownload and add to my game - including worlds.

So then I thought maybe I would try to add my games to Origin, because for some reason my origin account has the information that I have the base game but no others. Unfortunately, it claims that the product code has already been redeemed. Yes it has. By me. Years ago. When I didn't even know Origin existed. 

Extremely fed up and would love some help. Have tried on multiple occasions to get this to work and wasted hours. 

Message 1 of 6 (400 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kristi

No problem - the issue has been resolved and I was able to redeem the worlds properly yesterday. I think the store may have just been having some technical difficulties for a couple of days. 

Thanks

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (368 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @applecoreeater,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into these issues and I do apologize for any confusion.

From what I can see you have been in touch with our Support via chat and they were able to resolve the issue. 

If this is incorrect or if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
- Kristi

Message 2 of 6 (391 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kristi

Yes they were able to help and were great - however I am now trying to redeem world codes through the store and have been for about 4 days. Instead of redeeming the codes the circle just spins indefinitely until the connection/request times out. I was wondering if there was going to be a fix any time soon. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (368 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @Hilarious30,

My apologies for the late reply Standard smile

In some cases, this spinning circle happens, but the Worlds are actually redeemed on your account. Have you double checked that they are not actually redeemed? 

If they have not been added to your account, could you please let us know which Worlds you are trying to redeem?

Thanks,

- Kristi

Message 4 of 6 (361 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kristi

No problem - the issue has been resolved and I was able to redeem the worlds properly yesterday. I think the store may have just been having some technical difficulties for a couple of days. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 6 (369 Views)

EA Staff

Glad to hear @Hilarious30 Standard smile

Have fun with the Sims and don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions, issues or advice for other players.

- Kristi

Message 6 of 6 (334 Views)