Re: trouble installing

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

trouble installing

★★★ Newbie

Hello. Back in 2015 i got the sims 4. i played it for a while but then got bored and never really bothered to play it again until now. I have gotten a new computer since then, so I found the old cd, popped it into my computer, and got to where i had to enter the product code. It said it was registered to a different account, despite the fact that i could confirm it wasn’t the same exact account i had used in 2015. I really do not want to re buy the game (although if i have no other choice i will) Is there anyway i can look for any possible older accounts? 

Message 1 of 4 (168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Update: it has come to my attention that the original account i had used might have been deleted due to not being in use for over 24 months. if this is the case, would the product code still be attached?

Message 2 of 4 (163 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You can not redeem the code twice. It is locked to your account so just login and you will find the game in Origin Game library. Just click it to play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 4 (151 Views)

★★ Pro

@PikachuPie2008 

Yes the code would be registered to the original account. If you have the information on your old account contact EA customer service to ask if you can merge your old account with your new one. You will need proof that you own both accounts. Once that clears, you should have Sims 4 and all owned DLC ready to download in your new EA/Origin account.

----------
Reference Links and information:

How to merge two EA/Origin accounts
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-accounts-and-persona-transfers/

Contact EA's Customer Service:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Find the affected game - in this case select either Origin or Sims 4
3. Select your platform
4. Select topic and issue.
5. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings, time of day and the topic/issue you choose.

Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)