the sims 4 randomly uninstalls itself

by Hjoel127

Original Post

the sims 4 randomly uninstalls itself

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this issue since I first bought the sims 4 almost a year ago on steam.

The issue is that the sims 4 randomly uninstalls itself from my computer without asking me or having any pop-up appear. My origin account isn't logged into any other computer or phone and nobody has access to my computer but me so I don't understand how the game uninstalls itself from my computer every single time I boot up my computer and I know it's not my computer itself uninstalling the game to save up storage because I don't even have that option appear on my computer and no other files in my computer randomly gets deleted unless it's me doing it.

Because of this issue, I rarely play the game because I don't want to have to reinstall everything every single time I want to play it.

I know this is a common issue too because there are so many people on this board with the same issue but there's nobody who seems to know a solution, not even the people who work at EA answering people's complaints about this issue.

I just want to know if there's any kind of solution to this, temporary or not because I want to play the game but if it means I have to reinstall it EVERY SINGLE TIME then I'm just never gonna play the game at all and see my money go to waist.

Message 1 of 11 (3,475 Views)

Re: the sims 4 randomly uninstalls itself

Champion (Retired)

@Hjoel127 

It is not possible for the game to uninstall itself nor have I seen any reports of such a thing happening.

Please describe in detail what you observe and what error messages you get.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 11 (3,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only error message I get is a message saying that the game isn't installed on my computer and that I'll need to reinstall the game if I want to play it.

The game just randomly uninstalls itself from my computer and I've seen multiple similar complaints from 2015 and onwards about the sims 4 being uninstalled with different people giving different solutions that never seem to work for me.

Message 3 of 11 (3,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you been able to find a solution for this?

I've just had it happen to me. I was playing this morning, no errors or glitches. Saved and closer out, did some art on krita and when I went back to open it again it wasnt on my computer anymore!

It still had the shortcut icons, but if I clicked on them I just received an error message saying that it couldn't be located. Opened up the game files which were somehow still there, but no actual game...none of my other games seem to be impacted.

I'm currently on origin now redownloading everything...but I don't want to waste my time if it's just going to happen again.

Message 4 of 11 (3,295 Views)

@h3olgbqhs2ms  I've seen a number of reports of this happening once, or once in a very long time, and only a few of it happening frequently.  Are you sure all the program files disappeared and not just TS4_x64.exe?  If the .exe was deleted, that would break the shortcut, and it's also a common issue with certain antivirus programs.

If that's not the case for you, I wouldn't worry about this as long as it doesn't happen again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 11 (3,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what happened to me just now except I was getting a bunch of mods ready for me to play. I booted it up before I got any, it ran perfectly, and by the time I was done getting the mods the game itself was completely gone. All game files still there, just no .exe. it's very strange. Currently reinstalling it now :/

Message 6 of 11 (3,096 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same thing just happened to me. I thought it was because of the ea app, but now idk.

Message 7 of 11 (2,196 Views)

@Galaxia96  Do the game's program files disappear, or just TS4_x64.exe?  Please take a look, and also let me know what antivirus you use and whether you've installed the game on an external drive.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 11 (2,169 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are you for real? This right here is the report/account of it happening. Clearly it is possible for the game to do this as it has done this. This just happened to me. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,944 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve had sort of similar happen. The game isn’t actually uninstalled. I can still see it on my desktop but the EA claims it’s uninstalled and makes me reinstall it. If I try to just run it from the Home Screen without going through the EA app it try’s to tell me I don’t own that game and won’t run it. The last monthish I’ve had nothing but problems. Frequent “uninstalls” and server issues. The EA app refusing to log me in or letting me log in but refusing to launch the game. It lets me play like 1/10 times at this point. Honestly infuriating 

Message 10 of 11 (1,935 Views)