Re: the sims 4 menu bar bug

by crinrict

Original Post

the sims 4 menu bar bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? version local build
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when you click anything in the menu bar, it doesn’t pop up anything
What happens when the bug occurs? it can’t closed the menu bar and need to force to exit the game
What do you expect to see? the menu bar supposedly to be working normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

here it’s what it looked like :

Message 1 of 6 (1,981 Views)

Hero
@danger0uswoman Are you using the UI Cheat Extension mod or any other mods that change the User Interface ?

If so, please make sure you have the updated version of those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,973 Views)

★ Novice

eventually, it's the ui cheat extension because when i move the mod to the desktop and i start the game the menu bar pop up but the things is, i downloaded the latest version of ui cheat extension and it still the same..

Message 3 of 6 (1,911 Views)

Hero

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Maybe you're game isn't uptodate ?

Please post the full version number

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,904 Views)

★ Novice

i don’t know... my version don’t have a number in it. it just said version local build. but i’m pretty sure my current version is 1.59? but i’m not sure.

Message 5 of 6 (1,870 Views)

Hero
@danger0uswoman That is indeed a bit weird.

Could you try repairing your game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,851 Views)