the sims 4 crashing in create-a-sim

by KatrielHamilton

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the sims 4 crashing in create-a-sim

★★ Novice

so, when i go into create-a-sim and try to edit my sim's weight by using the weight slider, the game freezes up for a second, then crashes. what's up with that?

Message 1 of 7 (14,796 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: the sims 4 crashing in create-a-sim

★★ Pro

If you haven't already, delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder. This helps clear up some game glitches and will help to make sure there isn't any issues with mods. Like mods/cc that are outdated or no longer in game.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (14,883 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

If you have any Mods or CC please remove them and test the game without.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (14,765 Views)

★★ Novice

okay, so what i did was i created a new save without any mods or cc and i added back my mods and cc little by little, and the problem didn't occur. but, when i went back to my save that did include mods and cc, the problem happened. 

Message 3 of 7 (14,753 Views)

★★ Pro

If you haven't already, delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder. This helps clear up some game glitches and will help to make sure there isn't any issues with mods. Like mods/cc that are outdated or no longer in game.

Message 4 of 7 (14,884 Views)

★★ Novice

it worked! thank you so much for your help, i really appreciate it!

Message 5 of 7 (14,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi so I have the same problem but it didn't work and I removed the localthumbcache.package from my Sims 4 folder and I don't know what to do

Message 6 of 7 (6,080 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (6,064 Views)