the sims 3 wont let me download CC it just says it "can't reach this page"

by This_Lou

Original Post

the sims 3 wont let me download CC it just says it "can't reach this page"

★★ Novice

the sims 3 says this when i try to download CC

Message 1 of 5 (460 Views)

Re: the sims 3 wont let me download CC it just says it "can't reach this pa

@This_Lou  Try clearing the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried that but it still dose the same thing, i have one piece of CC in my game but after i downloaded it nothing else would download

Message 3 of 5 (421 Views)

@This_Lou  Try deleting the extraneous files in DCCache and DCBackup, both in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.  In DCCache, keep all the files that end in .ebc (store stuff) and .dbc (third-party content), and get rid of the rest.  In DCBackup, delete everything except for ccmerged.package, which is necessary to make your premium store content work.  Delete the five cache files in the Sims 3 folder as well; they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (410 Views)

★★★ Expert
@This_Lou I get that problem every now & then too so one other easy thing you can try is to reset Internet Explorer to its default settings:

Open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools button in the upper right and then select "Internet Options". This will open a new menu. Select the "Advanced" tab and go down to where it says Reset Internet Explorer settings, and click the "Reset" button. A new menu will pop up asking Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings? Check the Delete personal settings box and then click on the Reset button. This resets IE's settings to their default condition. In the new box that pops up just click on the "Close" button. You can now exit Internet Explorer and restart your computer. After everything is up & running, start the Sims 3 launcher to see if all looks good now.

http://windowsclan.com/how-to-reset-internet-explorer-11-in-windows-10/
Message 5 of 5 (399 Views)