the clock in the sim3 into the future stops working

by sim31984

Original Post

the clock in the sim3 into the future stops working

★★★★ Apprentice

The game clock in the sims 3 will stop working and it freezes the time of the and night and the weather, i talk to ea tech support and they don't why it' doing it.

the world bridgeport

sims total 1 adult 4 kids

windows 7 was upgrade to windows 10 home edition

intel core duo 2

toshiba

windows 10 (2004) -> new windows 10 update (released 2020)

Message 1 of 4 (554 Views)

Re: the clock in the sim3 into the future stops working

@sim31984  According to your dxdiag, you actually have Windows 10 build 1909, not 2004.  That shouldn't matter to Sims 3 though.  The much larger issue is that your hardware is quite weak for the game.  Your processor is below the recommendation for running any of the demanding packs (including Seasons), and its integrated graphics chip is even weaker.  So I'm not surprised that your laptop would struggle with the game.

Additionally, the driver for your graphics chip is for Windows 8.1, not 10, which won't help things.  (Actually, you have two copies of the same driver installed.)  Unfortunately, there isn't a Windows 10 driver for your graphics chip, so you're stuck with this one.

The way Sims 3 works, there are specific times in-game where a lot happens kind of all at once.  For example, all sims age at midnight, and the game decides which elders are going to die that day; relationships also decay a set amount unless there's something stopping them.  Plants evolve at or just past 5 am.  There may be a similar change in weather patterns here and there, although I'm not totally sure.

When a lot of calculations need to be made at one time, the game can hang for a bit, with the in-game clock stopping until everything is worked out.  If the demands are too high for your hardware, or the game engine itself, it's possible for the game to crash or freeze entirely.  There are a couple different approaches to troubleshooting this kind of problem, one of which is to simply remove the source of the problem, for example turning off certain weather patterns temporarily.  Other times, a mod-enabled reset may help.  But it really depends on when and why the game is hanging, and whether it starts working again eventually or just freezes.

Bridgeport has its own issues, mostly around apartments.  Mods really do help here, so let me know if you use or would be willing to use any.  If not, you may need to investigate a bit to find out where the problems are.  It's possible, even likely, that sims are getting stuck in elevators, or behind NPC-only doors in the ground floors of apartment buildings.  Redesigning the buildings can help a lot, that is if this is the problem in the first place.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddicti will try it and this is new updated  dxdiag

Message 3 of 4 (488 Views)

@sim31984  The new dxdiag shows that the Sims 3 errors are likely related to the driver for your graphics chip, but again, there's no Windows 10 driver for that chip.  So while you could certainly uninstall and reinstall the driver, and I could help you with that, it's better to start with troubleshooting the save itself.  Let me know whether any of my suggestions make any difference at all, and we can go from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (426 Views)