Re: the Sims 4 weird lag

by ScreenName000001

Original Post

the Sims 4 weird lag

★ Novice

So, the issue is that after i played the sims 4 few times (without any issues) there appered this weird lag. All sims in town freezez, clock keeps moving on but i can't pause or do anything else. Animations like birds, cars etc. keeps working. I can move camera but any buttons wont react any other way except makes the sound that they usually make when you open in, same thing with time buttons. For example if my sim is eating while this lag appears, the hunger panel keeps filling like normally while eating, clock goes forward but game doesnt react. After like 1 minute the time jumps back to that moment when the lag started, need panels goes also back to how they were before lag, and game keeps moving normally. I've deleted catche files, changed all graphics minimum and for laptop mode, nothing helps.

This issue makes game basically unplayable 'cause it appears around 1-3 times every day in the game, so I feel like I'm waiting more the game to stop lagging than actually playing. I tried to play this also in another computer and the same lag appeared. Any ideas how to fix this? 

Message 1 of 8 (1,651 Views)

★ Novice

Okay, now during the lag I'm able to go to furnishing mode, but when i get back to game mode the lag is still going on. Also, while being in furnishing mode my sim still moves (with moving I mean she still breaths and makes the normal movement what sims do while just standing still). 

Message 2 of 8 (1,634 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me right now! I dont know what to do. I'll keep you posted if I find anything. 

For now, try with a right click in Origin on your game and Fix the game option. Maybe this will help.. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

so my computer just got back from the shop to be fixed and i dont know what they did to it. i did the new basements update, and downloaded get to work. i did have custom content and did not know i should remove it before updating. so when i was playing the game the lag started happening. i manages to build a house and stuff, but the lag was just too bad. i exited the game many times to try and fix it. i changes the qualities. i even un downloaded all of my cc, then when that didnt work i un installed and re installed the game. still didnt work. then i chose the repair game option in origin, and that still didnt work. it plays, but very laggy. ill hover over the fridge for example, and click on it, which usually would pop up in half a second, now takes five.      which is a long time when you just want to give your sim some juice. 

so end of story, my game is very laggy, i have a bunch of bald sims(from deleting cc), and i am very sad

Message 4 of 8 (1,564 Views)

★ Novice

I bought the game a week ago. Have been playing almost every day for some hours. I am up to my third generation and MOST of the time the game keeps lagging just like this. It seems that buying something in buy/build mode helps, but it sucks in general.

Message 5 of 8 (1,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Were you guys able to fix this because I'm having the same issues right now!

Message 6 of 8 (546 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kiki20019  @Ryaa91  @Raddish4  @alexaddison  @ScreenName000001  Please post if you are playing on a pc, mac, or console. If you are playing om a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - how to post dxdiag  and attach the txt document creating by attaching it to the paper clip in the lower right of the response window. That will help. Thank you

Message 7 of 8 (532 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kiki20019 I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

Please do not bump older threads such as this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (526 Views)