Re: the Sims 3 custom content not showing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the Sims 3 custom content not showing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I have a serious problem with custom content on Sims 3 and I'm desperate. They do not show on the game. The launcher recognize them and install them normally, telling "installation completed". Nevertheless, when I open the game they don't work. I installed mainly homes, and I see the icon of these homes in the list of lots, but when I try to place them on the neighborhood they don't show. The lot appears empty.

I don't know if this can be related, but I say it for safety: when I open the launcher, it appears all the time a message from EA Download Manager that says "flash plug in required". But I am not able to install Adobe Flash Player, I read it's no longer supportated by Adobe since last January, so Flash Player doesn't exist anymore.  But I read no one talking about this; if Flash Player were a problem then no one could see custom content on the Sims 3 now. So I think my problem has nothing to do with this.

I'm desperate because I don't want to play the game without custom content... Can you please help me?

Message 1 of 7 (1,734 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Ariannaneg  Your game isn't anywhere near updated, and that may be the issue here.  If you installed using one of the original discs, you can download and run the Super Patch to bring the game to 1.67, which I'd recommend even if you weren't having trouble with custom content.  You can find a download link for the Super Patch here, under "Cumulative Base Game Super Patcher":

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

If you have a different kind of install, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,680 Views)

All Replies

@Ariannaneg  I don't think the Flash issue is related either, but you shouldn't be getting a message about it.  What patch level are you on?  You can see the game version in the lower left corner of the launcher, among other places.

For the custom content, try installing one item into a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download a fresh copy of one new item, install it, and see whether it shows up in game.  Let me know either way.

Message 2 of 7 (1,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict @ My game version is: 1.0.631.0000

I tried to install one item into a clean user folder as you said, but it still doesn't show in the game...

Message 3 of 7 (1,693 Views)

@Ariannaneg  Your game isn't anywhere near updated, and that may be the issue here.  If you installed using one of the original discs, you can download and run the Super Patch to bring the game to 1.67, which I'd recommend even if you weren't having trouble with custom content.  You can find a download link for the Super Patch here, under "Cumulative Base Game Super Patcher":

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

If you have a different kind of install, please let me know.

Message 4 of 7 (1,681 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you; now with this patch I finally see the custom content in the game, but... Now the game has becomed extremely slow and laggy... Why? 

Message 5 of 7 (1,666 Views)

@Ariannaneg  The fully patched base game is more demanding than the unpatched version, but it also could be something about your current save.  Or it could be the custom content you've added.  Please start a new save in Sunset Valley, just for comparison, and let me know how it runs.  Don't assign use cc on any sims, at least not yet.  This won't eliminate cc as a source of issues but should at least cut down on the chances.

If you still get lag, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 6 of 7 (1,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I've deleted the cache items and other useless files and at the moment the game seems faster! It finally seems okay. Thank you so much for your help! 

Message 7 of 7 (1,650 Views)