Re: take firs slice

by FallenAngel1326

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

You need to select the option that is something along the lines of 'cut the cake'

Message 11 of 21 (3,589 Views)

★ Novice
I’ve got the same problem and have tried doing all advice given but I’m trying with both the bride and the groom but the only options available is “put away” “clean up” or “put in inventory”
Message 12 of 21 (3,352 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xxfaithbowxx

If you really only have these three options. Then it is most likely caused by a Mod. So remove all your mods/CC and try again.

In a normal game there will be more options than these but some may be greyed out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 21 (3,340 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Use small table "square one" no chairs make sure when cake is placed arrow on "foot print" faces out and close to edge of table as it can be I have had same issue with birthday cake your sims don't always place it right, u can do above on counter top too

Message 14 of 21 (3,336 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah I had like 2 greyed out but I had sorted it, turns out you had to place it on a surface that’s a certain height for it to work
Message 15 of 21 (3,329 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It must be a dining table or a kitchen counter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 16 of 21 (3,317 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I see what you're dealing with...Have you moved the cake ALOT? If so, the option stops working. I just bake another and do it again! Make sure it's on a PROPER table that sims can sit at! If it doesn't work, well that's it, you'll just have to go with a silver medal! You'll get something anyway from just getting the sims married...

Message 17 of 21 (3,267 Views)

★ Guide

Truth is Sims 4 wedding cakes are a bit buggy,  caterers should bake your wedding cake, and they do eventually most of the time. and most of the time they work. a caterer needs access to a kitchen of some sort, the mixologist needs a bar, and the musician needs a piano.

It would be a good idea to make a backup cake, and use the type of tables that are stated in the other post. if you do not get the cut the cake option, and only put in inventory or clean up, try putting in inventory and taking it out again. or putting it in a fridge also let the other mate give it a try.

Hope this helps, I am not an EA employee I am just trying to help. So if it did help please grant XP points ty.

Message 18 of 21 (3,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. However, I fixed it by removing the wedding topper that my caterer had put on there and placing one of my own. Although it wastes 25 simoleans, it solves the problem.

Message 19 of 21 (2,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im at a venue and my caterer hasnt baked the cake yet, 47 minutes left, dont think hell do it and my sims dont know how to bake, Frown

Message 20 of 21 (1,773 Views)