Re: streaming the sims 4 on twitch through origin

by enchantress6274

Original Post

streaming the sims 4 on twitch through origin

★ Apprentice

The broadcast never starts. I am new at broadcasting, this is my first time. I made an account with Twitch on their website, I logged in, I selected broadcast. It goes gray several seconds saying in so many words that it's connecting, then it goes orange again for broadcast. What am I missing? I saw other problems similar to mine, but mine is still a little different than theirs, and theirs are old and never answered. The answer was use another platform. I can, but I wished to use Twitch. Thank you! :-)

Message 1 of 3 (1,078 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@enchantress6274  What software are you using? OBS works on Windows, mac and linux. OBS (open broadcaster software) is free. Properly setup this will provide connections to your online account. . Make sure your computer has enough power to properly play the game. Make sure your ISP (internet service provider) has enough band width. There are several guides to setup OBS.

Message 2 of 3 (1,037 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Thank you for your response. I am using Windows 11 on a new gaming laptop with 16 GB RAM, and with cable internet. I am a bit discouraged and overwhelmed, so I apologize, I gave up trying to learn how to stream back then. Maybe it's on YouTube, but I don't know how others learn how to do livestreams. I have never streamed anything before. So we need to start at the beginning. Thank you to anyone that posts back.

Message 3 of 3 (889 Views)