store-bought items won't appear game launcher

by martian11

Original Post

store-bought items won't appear game launcher

★★★★ Novice

I purchased items from the sims 3 store, when I click download in purchase history the items don't appear in the downloads section of the launcher.

same if i download items individually and if i tick boxes to download more than once.

I am using an up to date mac book, have tried downloading from multiple browser types - Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Tried turning off pop up blocker etc.

I have tried deleting cache history etc.

HELP??

Message 1 of 4 (350 Views)

Re: store-bought items won't appear game launcher

@martian11  Stick with Firefox, and clear its history again.  Open the Sims 3 launcher before you try to download anything.  Then click Download for just one small item, like an article of clothing or a piece of furniture, and see if it works.  Try the download button for the item in your purchase history, try checking the box and clicking Download in the upper right corner of the purchase history page, and try downloading directly from the product page of the item.

Once you've figured out what approach works, you can download and install the rest of your store stuff in small batches, maybe half a dozen items at a time.  Worlds are large files and should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

If you can't get the store to work, let me know.  Please also list the operating system of your Mac.  If you're not sure which one you have, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

MacBook Pro version 10.14.5

i also have ambitions, pets and island paradise add ons downloaded. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query. I have tried as you suggested to no avail 😢

Message 3 of 4 (322 Views)

@martian11  Okay, try removing your entire Sims 3 game folder from Documents\Electronic Arts; you can just drag it to your desktop.  Open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, then try again to download one item.  If it works, you don't need to install it—just download the rest of the items you'd like to add.  Then you can transfer all the files from Downloads inside your new game folder to Downloads inside your old game folder, trash the new folder, put the old one back in Documents\EA, and install everything from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (300 Views)