Re: steam missing file privileges issue

by gameatea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

steam missing file privileges issue

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I bought CE on Steam. Currently, when I order Steam to install CE, it reserves HD-Space and then aborts the Download with the message: “Missing File Privileges: E:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/downloading/440900/engine/binaries/ThirdParty/GraniteSDKWin64Release/grGranite.dll”.

what I do. give me a suggestion.

Message 1 of 4 (1,231 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie
@gameatea

Hello, I really think that a suggestion by @puzzlezaddict can help you but if any case it didn't work for you then you should try two more things.

1. Repair the Steam Library folder

2. Reboot the System

You can follow the steps on this page, and then you will able to run Steam once again: https://winerrorfixer.com/steam-missing-file-privileges/

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,190 Views)

All Replies

@gameatea  Please run Steam as an admin, as in, right-click on the Steam shortcut and select "Run as administrator."  If that alone doesn't help, run it as an admin again, right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager, make sure you're looking at the Processes tab, then find the entry labeled "igfxEM Module" (you'll have to scroll for a bit).  Click on it and select End Task.  Now try to download the game again.

By the way, you say you bought "CE."  Do you mean you bought the complete edition of Sims 3, or some other game?  If it's the latter, there might be a better section to ask, but this thread can be moved easily enough.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,212 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@gameatea

Hello, I really think that a suggestion by @puzzlezaddict can help you but if any case it didn't work for you then you should try two more things.

1. Repair the Steam Library folder

2. Reboot the System

You can follow the steps on this page, and then you will able to run Steam once again: https://winerrorfixer.com/steam-missing-file-privileges/
Message 3 of 4 (1,191 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks to both of you, will follow every solution you suggested to me. and Thanks responding so soon.

Message 4 of 4 (1,182 Views)