steam and origin language problem

by noellefaraway

Original Post

Accepted Solution

steam and origin language problem

★★★ Novice

Before I had Sims 4 on Origin. I played in English.

Now I repurchased Sims 4 here on Steam and my language switched to Polish. 

I tried many things to change the language and so far without success.

Does anybody have a similar problem?

maybe solved it by some miracle...

I contacted ea chat, no help from them, and steam team doesn't help with those issues (only offer refund).

I would consider refund maybe but i see that some people say that after ther refunded their repurchased steam version, their origin version was taken away AS WELL.

Message 1 of 4 (657 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: steam and origin language problem

Hero
@noellefaraway Did you install the Steam version in polish ? Where did you try to change the language ? In Origin or Steam ?

If you installed the game on steam, it will start that version and it will be in whatever language you installed on steam.

Does Steam offer all languages in your country ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (583 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@noellefaraway It really depends on the content of the Sims you bought. When is is part of an multi lingual version you would be able to switch it back to English. If it is only a Polish version you cant switch the language of course.
You could also check the settings in your Origin. Try switching it back to English. When that doesn't work I'd suggest you try to go for a refund.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 4 (617 Views)

Hero
@noellefaraway Did you install the Steam version in polish ? Where did you try to change the language ? In Origin or Steam ?

If you installed the game on steam, it will start that version and it will be in whatever language you installed on steam.

Does Steam offer all languages in your country ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (584 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hm, I have already gone for refund on steam, and that maybe for the better, as everything had to be downloaded twice. More place on the computer disc.That steam merge is far from perfect.

I changed language setting to English on like all Origin and EA related apps and websites, without changing location (I am not that desperate to use VPN... yet). Also tried the regedit soluton... nope.

After refund I got the following reply from Steam. I will leave it, maybe it will be useful for someone. And actually, this may be useful for me too. In the past I bought Sims 3 on Steam but somehow never played it, I will see if this works. (Yes, for Sims 3 it worked). Some months ago I had Witcher from Steam and switching languages worked differently here.

1. Log into your Steam account
  2. Go to "Library" tab and right click the game you wish to modify
  3. Select "Properties"
  4. Go to the "Language" tab
  5. Select the language you wish to use from the drop-down menu (If you cannot find the language you wish to use, please contact the game’s third party support department for further assistance.)
  6. Click "Close", allow any download for this title to complete, and then launch the game.
Message 4 of 4 (543 Views)