skill

by BisonteBison

Original Post

Accepted Solution

skill

★★★ Newbie

I was playing the Sims 3 last night and I tried to go into buy mode to get stuff for the puppy I just adopted when my game froze with only the loading wheel over the cursor moving. I was only able to move around the screen with the cursor and move the view with key board commands, and couldn't click anything. I let it sit and "load" for awhile but then finally just closed the game because nothing was happening. When I opened it today everything seemed to be working at first. I hadn't saved for a few sim days (it was Wednesday when it crashed and it put me back to Friday) and so I didn't have the work promotion and the increased skills I had increased over the weekend. I picked up where I left off and started from scratch with the fishing skill, and it would just not increase. I took a class and spent three days straight fishing (with using cheats to keep my needs up) and it was barely over level one while I had previously increased it to level 4 in the same amount of time before the crash. I tried to increase other skills and even after spending an entire day reading or tinkering or gardening the skill bars only went up a tiny little bit. I can always start a new game but I've already put a lot of time into this one, with finishing the science and medicine degree at the university and making around $30,000 with my job, and so I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix this. Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 2 (175 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: skill

Hero (Retired)

@BisonteBison  The first thing that comes to mind to reload a corrupt save game is to roll the game back to a previous game - link - how to restore a backup save  hth

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (234 Views)

All Replies

Re: skill

Hero (Retired)

@BisonteBison  The first thing that comes to mind to reload a corrupt save game is to roll the game back to a previous game - link - how to restore a backup save  hth

Message 2 of 2 (235 Views)