simulation lag issues

by eliegaminggirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

simulation lag issues

★★ Novice

So, I have a problem with playing the sims 4 on my laptop. When I first got this laptop 3 or 4 years ago everything was working perfectly fine. Now I have so much simulation lag I cannot play the sims 4 anymore (also, I have issues with other games) not even on lower settings. My sims just stand there totally unmoving no matter how many times I reset them. On my boyfriends PC I did not experience this so I am suspecting it is because of system requirentments.

My current setup: I have a Lenovo G50 with AMD Radeon R5 M230 2GB,  8GB RAM and AMD A8-6410 APU.

I was thinking of changing this laptop already so my question is this. The Lenovo Y520 with the following set up would be good enough to run the game smoothly?

Intel Core i7-7700HQ (4 x 2,80GHz / 3,80GHz Turbo, 6 MB Cache)

16GB DDR4 2400MHz

1000 GB SATA 5400rpm + 256 GB PCIe SSD

16 GB nVidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5

I have every expansion pack as well. Thanks for the answer and the advice.

Message 1 of 2 (235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: simulation lag issues

Champion (Retired)

Yes, that should be able to run it at the highest settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (228 Views)

All Replies

Re: simulation lag issues

Champion (Retired)

Yes, that should be able to run it at the highest settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)