Re: sims4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims4

★ Novice

Hi there,

so i went to play The Sims 4 today and get stuck with an error,

game unable to start ran out of memory.

heres a list of my components it has been running for while just today its started happening.

need this to work as my girlfiriend needs somthing to keep quite.

Message 1 of 6 (402 Views)

@defiancert  As you probably know, it's unlikely that a computer with 32 GB memory would have so little available that Sims 4 would run out on launch.  However, the free storage on your C drive is critically low, perhaps low enough to trigger a (slightly misnamed) error.  Try freeing up more, at least 20 GB total, and see whether the problem is still present.

The Sims 4 errors in your dxdiag are probably related to the driver for your graphics card.  There's a new one available from Nvidia, and it's easiest to just update:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/161303/en-us

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hi Puzzlez,

but i have this installed on an external harddrive with 1 tb and 900gb free would this still cause it to happen.

also thanks for the suggestion matey

Message 3 of 6 (351 Views)

@defiancert  If the user data folder is on C, it could definitely cause problems.  Even if not, it's possible that the low storage is interfering in some way.  Windows creates temp files, the game creates temp files, and not all of them are located where you'd notice.  Either way though, the free storage does need to be addressed.  It's not healthy for even regular use (no updates, just using already installed programs) for the C drive to have below 10 GB free, and for Windows feature updates, it needs to be more like 20 GB.

At any rate, this can't be eliminated as a cause of the problem until there's more free storage on C.  Even if you want to move files back to it later, you could temporarily copy some data to the external and test.

Message 4 of 6 (336 Views)

★ Novice

hi Puzzelz,

this still didnt work i cleaned up to 30gb free and still crashes

Message 5 of 6 (328 Views)

@defiancert  Sorry for the late reply.  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, please move the entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, or rename the folder if you don't want to copy it to a different drive.  Try to launch the game, and see whether you get the same error.

Message 6 of 6 (291 Views)