sims3launcher wont log in and IE is dead

by kathrine99

Original Post

sims3launcher wont log in and IE is dead

★ Novice

The sims launcher can always get messed up. I used to keep the fix in a file but it is lost now.  I have the internet explorer error but that wasn't the original issue the day it happened I had not used internet explorer.

I cannot log in download my content in the sims 3 store. which is everything. I bought it all. Is the anyway to download manually.

I use firefox/modzilla and dubbed it down for this site browser is clear and history... please help. I dont enjoy Sims 4 and would like to play my Sims 3

Message 1 of 10 (772 Views)

Re: sims3launcher wont log in and IE is dead

@kathrine99  With Edge, you can allow certain sites to load in Internet Explorer mode, which should fix the launcher issue:

https://www.howtogeek.com/791890/how-to-use-internet-explorer-mode-in-edge/

You may also need to clear Edge's IE data, described at the end of this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-and-delete-browser-history-in-microsoft-edge...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (745 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi. I am also having the same problem. I am logged into Origin and thesims3.com however, the launcher won't let me log in.  This is not a "my computer" problem as it is happening on two different computers.  One is running Windows 7 and one is running Windows 10.  I don't even play the version on the Windows 10 machine so there is no reason it should not be working.  This is an internal Origin/EA problem and they need to fix it!

Message 3 of 10 (668 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok. My launcher is working properly now.  Why?  Because I switched from my slow internet to my mobile hotspot.  Yeah, that was the fix.  After uninstalling my game and reinstalling everything.  I only had a VERY SLOW connection which did not allow me to connect.  I hope this helps someone in the future as it drove me nuts for the last two days. 

My advice:  when you can connect, download all of your purchased content and store the files on an external drive for future use.

Message 4 of 10 (655 Views)

Sims 3 launcher+game won't sign in

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello!

I've recently gotten back into playing The Sims 3 and took the opportunity to complete my collection of expansions, mostly because I bought myself a little tablet PC that made playing Sims 3 extra convenient.

Everything was working fine up until this week, when I just randomly stopped being able to sign in through the Sims 3 launcher - when I type in my e-mail and password, it simply closes the window and then opens it back up without giving me an error, essentially getting stuck in a log-in loop.
I've tried most of the suggested fixes but nothing seems to work.
I tried signing in on the sims 3 website, which works just fine.
I can sign in just fine on the origin websites.
What seems to be happening is that specifically the sims 3 sign-in portal is broken, since I can sign in on all the other EA services.

I'm aware that special symbols in passwords can stop you from signing in to the sims 3 launcher; my password has no such symbols. It's strictly alphanumeric.

After some digging, I found that this website in specific seems to have broken, which might be the issue? The "Sign in" button just doesn't work at all, stopping me from signing in and possibly stopping the game from completing its sign-in:
https://signin.ea.com/p/juno/login?execution=e2065910554s1&initref=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.ea.com%3A4...

This link works fine on Firefox or any other modern browser but since the launcher and game relies on IE, it simply doesn't work.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Message 5 of 10 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I also cannot sign in.
In the launcher, the sign-in window simply closes and re-opens without any error message.
In the game, no matter how many times I try to sign in, I'm told my details are incorrect (they are not)
My password does not contain any special symbols, it's entirely alpha numeric.

Message 6 of 10 (508 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also cannot sign in.
In the launcher, the sign-in window simply closes and re-opens without any error message.
In the game, no matter how many times I try to sign in, I'm told my details are incorrect (they are not)
My password does not contain any special symbols, it's entirely alpha numeric.

Message 7 of 10 (541 Views)

@MasqueradePW  Did you try clearing Edge's IE data, as described in the link earlier in the thread?

Message 8 of 10 (527 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Yep, several times!
Message 9 of 10 (525 Views)

@MasqueradePW  I take it your EA password is working on other sites?  (I mean, you're on this site, but still, please check in a private browser window or a different browser.)  If that's not the issue, please create a new admin Windows account and try signing into the launcher there.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into Origin and launch Sims 3 without downloading anything.

The point of this test is to distinguish between issues with your current account, for example temp files that need to be cleaned out; and system or connection issues, or something on EA's end.

Message 10 of 10 (521 Views)