sims3launcher wont log in and IE is dead

by kathrine99

Original Post

sims3launcher wont log in and IE is dead

★ Novice

The sims launcher can always get messed up. I used to keep the fix in a file but it is lost now.  I have the internet explorer error but that wasn't the original issue the day it happened I had not used internet explorer.

I cannot log in download my content in the sims 3 store. which is everything. I bought it all. Is the anyway to download manually.

I use firefox/modzilla and dubbed it down for this site browser is clear and history... please help. I dont enjoy Sims 4 and would like to play my Sims 3

Message 1 of 4 (141 Views)

Re: sims3launcher wont log in and IE is dead

@kathrine99  With Edge, you can allow certain sites to load in Internet Explorer mode, which should fix the launcher issue:

https://www.howtogeek.com/791890/how-to-use-internet-explorer-mode-in-edge/

You may also need to clear Edge's IE data, described at the end of this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-and-delete-browser-history-in-microsoft-edge...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi. I am also having the same problem. I am logged into Origin and thesims3.com however, the launcher won't let me log in.  This is not a "my computer" problem as it is happening on two different computers.  One is running Windows 7 and one is running Windows 10.  I don't even play the version on the Windows 10 machine so there is no reason it should not be working.  This is an internal Origin/EA problem and they need to fix it!

Message 3 of 4 (38 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok. My launcher is working properly now.  Why?  Because I switched from my slow internet to my mobile hotspot.  Yeah, that was the fix.  After uninstalling my game and reinstalling everything.  I only had a VERY SLOW connection which did not allow me to connect.  I hope this helps someone in the future as it drove me nuts for the last two days. 

My advice:  when you can connect, download all of your purchased content and store the files on an external drive for future use.

Message 4 of 4 (25 Views)
Twitter Stream