sims3 wont launch, origin isnt there, ea app crash, store content wont load.

by lady_miralie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims3 wont launch, origin isnt there, ea app crash, store content wont load.

★★ Novice

Hi all!
as everyone, i'm having issues with the sims 3, but i haven't seen my specific problem on all the post  i've read so far ... so my game is not launching at all,  the ea app says something went wrong and try again later. it has done so the last couple of months. (i thought it would be corrected before finalizing the launch but...) so i was playing on origin. now origin has been removed by the app and it wont re-install at all (i've tried every solution i've read so far) my store content also wont install because "something went wrong" i've now done many "try again later" and im getting furious. will it be resolved anytime soon? why isnt there any info on how/why/when by support ?

anyone have any clues? 

the only thing i havent done yet is uninstall all games and restart... but i'm getting close to. 
if its to push us to the sims 4, bring back the open world, the customizations possibilities and diversity and overall city/world/sims interactions. i then would consider,... 

Message 1 of 8 (693 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims3 wont launch, origin isnt there, ea app crash, store content wont load.

Hero (Retired)

@lady_miralie I have been having the store items not installing for some time. I had found some work arounds but those also stopped working. Pc users have to use the new EA app. About 2 weeks ago I did a complete reinstall. I uninstalled the app, the game and deleted game data (save it before you delete). When you install the EA app Origin will get uninstalled. Do not reinstall Origin - pc users do not need Origin. Download and install the EA app - do not use an old installer. Once the EA app is installed and running install the game. Launch the game. Make sure all your owned expansion packs were installed and checked. Proceed to the game load page. Here's where some of the new stuff comes in. Click the three dots in the lower left and click open downloads dashboard. Here you will find store items. Just like the thesims3.com store I got an occasional error. Quit the game and stsrt the game again. Do not install too many things at a time. Go back to the launcher page and clear messages. Doing it this way downloads and installs to the download tab. Once I got all my store items installed I started a new game. In cas I was able to recover my sims from the exchange. At this point you could try to copy your save games over to this new install and see if they will work. Once you get into live mode you get the option to open player profile and wall. There is a back dooe the the store that isn't obvious but seems to work. So most of the options in Origin and thesims3.com site are available with just the EA app. It's been 2 weeks now and the game is very stable and playable.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (669 Views)

All Replies

Re: sims3 wont launch, origin isnt there, ea app crash, store content wont load.

Hero (Retired)

@lady_miralie I have been having the store items not installing for some time. I had found some work arounds but those also stopped working. Pc users have to use the new EA app. About 2 weeks ago I did a complete reinstall. I uninstalled the app, the game and deleted game data (save it before you delete). When you install the EA app Origin will get uninstalled. Do not reinstall Origin - pc users do not need Origin. Download and install the EA app - do not use an old installer. Once the EA app is installed and running install the game. Launch the game. Make sure all your owned expansion packs were installed and checked. Proceed to the game load page. Here's where some of the new stuff comes in. Click the three dots in the lower left and click open downloads dashboard. Here you will find store items. Just like the thesims3.com store I got an occasional error. Quit the game and stsrt the game again. Do not install too many things at a time. Go back to the launcher page and clear messages. Doing it this way downloads and installs to the download tab. Once I got all my store items installed I started a new game. In cas I was able to recover my sims from the exchange. At this point you could try to copy your save games over to this new install and see if they will work. Once you get into live mode you get the option to open player profile and wall. There is a back dooe the the store that isn't obvious but seems to work. So most of the options in Origin and thesims3.com site are available with just the EA app. It's been 2 weeks now and the game is very stable and playable.

Message 2 of 8 (670 Views)

★★ Novice

i uninstalled everything, restarted and reinstalled. so far its working... but store content and customized content still aint installing easily... i hope it will get better. thank you for your quick reply!

Message 3 of 8 (628 Views)

@lady_miralie  The store content not staying installed is a current issue with a master thread here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Store-content-uninstalls-won-t-re...

The issue has been escalated, but I have no idea when it'll be resolved.  You can keep an eye on that thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 8 (616 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks for your answer, but my problem is not that the store content won't stay installed, it 's that it isnt installing at all. i need to go on each item one by one click download, then install (the all button does nothing) (and ive got a few hundreds by now so i didnt try alll pages ..), and after a few they all disapear. did it 4 times ... no error not nothing... also the game is now launching (yay!) but also crash way more frequently... i gues i'll keep waiting. 

Message 5 of 8 (554 Views)

★ Novice

ok let me get this straight.... you unistalled EVERYTHING sims 3 wise...??? and then you Reinstalled from the HARD disk OR off of EA...???

I unistalled and reinstalled from EA and they all now downloaded, before the sims 3 university was NOT installing and now all my DLC have installed without issue BUT when i Launch i am still getting the error message saying it failed to launch and it is something on THERE end try again later..

do I need to try to play through a diff. IE or Chrome Or Windows Edge does any of this MAKE a difference?? last i played was through WINDOWS 10 

ANY advice would be MUCH Loved and HELPFUL in getting my gaming back on sims 4 is OK but to Cartoonish for me I want my sims 3

Message 6 of 8 (537 Views)

@Prostetic2011  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

@lady_miralie  The post I linked also explains how you may need to get rid of the old downloads and try with fresh copies.  If that alone doesn't work, go into the DCCache folder and delete all the .ebc files, which are bundled store content.  The game sometimes can't read newer and higher-numbered .ebc files if the older ones are corrupted.  (The same is true for .dbc files, which are bundled custom content, but that hasn't been an issue with the EA App.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 8 (531 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Prostetic2011   First there are a least two version of the EA app installer. One says EA BETA and the new one you should be using just says EA. To make sure your using the correct one uninstall the EA app - download the EA app installer and install the EA app. DO NOT use a previous download. Uninstall the game. Move game user files from the user documents folder. DO NOT use Origin as all pc links no longer work correctly. Installing the EA app will uninstall Origin. You don't need it as a pc user. Open the EA app - log in and download TS3. This should install the game and expansion packs. Launch the game.  Launch the game and go to the load game screen. Click the 3 dots in the lower left. Click open downloads dashboard. This is where you can install all the store content. Next I opened a new game and obtained my sims from the exchange. At this point I restarted the game and created at new game to make sure everything was working. At this point you can copy your save games over to the new install and see if they will work. For some time I was chasing the store items not staying installed issue. Since I did the above my game now works correctly and is very stable. Doing the install this way installs the 1.69 version. No manual patch is required. If you install from the optical disc not only do you need to find the 1.67 patch but the disc installs SecuROM which is a rootkit. There are other new options in the game such as the thesims3.com user profile. Also I found a back door to the thesims3.com store. It's a little hard to find but it's there. I now have 2 machines that are running this game for 3 weeks - it is stable and very playable.

Message 8 of 8 (521 Views)