Re: sims3 wont launch on EA app

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims3 wont launch on EA app

★★★ Novice

Hi people,

So ever since Origin forced me to download the EA app, sims 3 hasn't been working, When i click to play it either by the desktop shortcut or in the app, the launcher never appears but my computer slows down, ALOT! not getting any errors at all, just doesn't work. Now the EA app also says sims 3 isn't installed? i've tried all previous suggestions on other topics but nothing is working! 

I assume EA won't help since they want everyone to spend money on sims4.

any help appreciated!

Message 1 of 7 (2,884 Views)

@Jetstorm1991  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what antivirus you use.

You can try reinstalling Origin as well.  Some people who were forced to use the EA App can now open Origin again.  This post has a download link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (2,864 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

How long will Origin still be in use for? i assume Ea will shut it down at somepoint, in which case i won't be able to play at all then Frown 

Message 3 of 7 (2,839 Views)

@Jetstorm1991  We don't know how much longer Origin will last, but the EA App is still in the stage where updates and fixes are being pushed out quickly.  So if the issue is on EA's side, at least in part, there's a chance it'll be resolved before you're forced to switch.

Having said that, your new dxdiag does list a number of Windows errors that should be addressed.  Please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth” without quotes, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon; let me know what it says
  • Next, hit Windows key-X again and choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes, and enter
  • If it throws an error, please stop here and let me know
  • Otherwise, after it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again and choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

Please also install the newest driver for your graphics card:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer after installing and before trying to play.

If this doesn't help, please look for any new errors in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes, and you'll see a chart of errors and updates with a column for each day.  For any error that happened as you tried to open Sims 3, right-click its name and select "View technical details," then copy the info and paste it here.  I only want to see errors from after you reinstalled the graphics driver.

Please keep in mind that the Reliability Monitor only updates ever hour or so, meaning if you open it before trying to play, you may need to check back later to see whether trying to launch the game produced any new errors.

Please also let me know whether playing through Origin helps.  Even if you want to address the EA App issue now rather than later, this is a useful test.

As for the EA App thinking the game isn't installed, does Sims 3 show under Installed Games in the left panel?  If so, hovering over its name should give you a Play button.  Otherwise, just test with Origin and let me know how it goes.

Message 4 of 7 (2,827 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

Hi, 

The check health process message came back with "no component store corruption detected"

the cleanup restore was completed successfully, and the final process says "windows resource protection found corrupt files and succesfully repaired them"

I will restart and try and the rest also. For now, it still works correctly on origin.

Message 5 of 7 (2,800 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it won't launch through EA it keeps saying error try again later and it won't let me use origin it makes you download EA app

Message 6 of 7 (1,506 Views)

@kotabrandon  Yes, Origin has been sunset, in Windows at least, since this thread was last active.  Try clearing the EA App's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and restarting your computer.

If that doesn't help, please let me know what version of the App you're running.  The information should be under About (or Help > About, or something like that) in the dropdown menu in the upper-left corner of the App window.

Message 7 of 7 (1,482 Views)