Re: sims3 launcher

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims3 launcher

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i bought sims 3 and one expansion pack, but when i tried to play it, it process in error or something similar to that and i uninstalled it. I've tried everything almost watched videos, checked the internet, so my next option was this. Can anyone please help? I will redownload it and i hope it will work but if not i hope someone on here can help me.

Message 1 of 6 (486 Views)

@Trin1719  What error are you getting?  Please post a screenshot.

Please also let me know what operating system you're running, not only Windows or macOS but which exact version.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (458 Views)

★★ Novice

i am using windows

Message 3 of 6 (445 Views)

@Trin1719  Please uninstall (again), and this time clean your computer's registry of Sims 3-related entries before reinstalling.  You can do so manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.  Leftover registry entries can interfere with your attempts to run the game after reinstalling.

Please reinstall only the base game, no packs for now.  In case you're not aware, the Super Patch will break Origin installs, so don't run it.  If you get the same error after reinstalling, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 4 of 6 (430 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have sims 4 and sims medieval and they run perfectly fine.

Message 5 of 6 (412 Views)

@Trin1719  First of all, you have very little free space on your hard drive.  It would be best to clear up about 10-15 GB more, although that may be difficult with the other apps you have installed.  Free storage can't be ruled out as a cause of this issue.  The Downloads folder is a good place to look for extraneous files.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 3 user folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this yet; just see whether the game works.

If it doesn't, delete the new Sims 3 folder that will have spawned (and empty the recycle bin), then try again, this time while your computer is completely offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi before opening the launcher.

Message 6 of 6 (407 Views)