by jessiebrie

Original Post

Re: sims3 launcher welcome page is blue and cant log in

★★ Apprentice
@Katshirlann Happy to help. Standard smile
Message 31 of 38 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I seem to be having the same issue. I can log in to the website but via the launcher it just pops the same login box up again. My password & e-mail is correct as I've checked, double checked and triple checked. Therefore I can't re-download some store content such as Riverview. (I had to uninstall/reinstall the game recently). I see a lot of solutions involving Internet Explorer, but I don't use that. I use Opera exclusively. I've not even activated it in years.

Message 32 of 38 (1,388 Views)

@jadenk  It doesn't matter if you use Internet Explorer or not; the launcher and game will regardless.   So please try clearing its cache, and be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 38 (1,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict It works! Ta muchly. I wasn't aware of that IE & launcher link. Cheers fella, and I like your avatar. Standard smile
Message 34 of 38 (1,368 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem for a couple of days now, as have a bunch of other people on the site. This is something on EA or Origins end, there is probably nothing that we could do that would fix it.

Message 35 of 38 (1,323 Views)

@dippsp  The issue isn't on EA's end, or there would be many more reports about it.  Feel free to try clearing Internet Explorer's cache, as has worked for most of the posters in this thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 36 of 38 (1,316 Views)

★ Apprentice

Holy Crap this Worked for me!! And its 2020!! I just Changed PC's and updated the drives and stuff and I wanted to play sims 3 island paradise and I couldn't sign in. The game Launcher kept saying the web browser isnt working THANK YOUUU SOOOO MUCH!!!

Message 37 of 38 (1,175 Views)

★ Novice

Holy *! It's 2024 and this still works!!! Thanks so much!

Message 38 of 38 (99 Views)