sims3 launcher welcome page is blue and cant log in

by jessiebrie

Original Post

Re: sims3 launcher welcome page is blue and cant log in

★★ Novice
Hello. I am trying the suggested fix in December 2017 for the all blue launcher screen but the solution has not worked for me. I have had thia issue for about 2 days - including today.
Message 21 of 38 (2,019 Views)

★★ Novice
Update. I repeated the last 2 steps a second time after a 2nd system reboot and that fixed the all blue launcher screen and I was able to login again via the launcher.

Thank you.
Message 22 of 38 (2,015 Views)

★★ Novice
my launcher welcome page is blue. download the world from the sims 3 website to the launcher download page, but cant download to the worlds main menu, says need new software updates. I got the 1.69.43 version
Message 23 of 38 (1,957 Views)

★★ Novice

It's 2018 and it's still working ! Thank you a lot !

Message 24 of 38 (1,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this did not work for me!

Message 25 of 38 (1,834 Views)

★ Novice

This worked for me!  Thank you!!

Message 26 of 38 (1,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi all.  I had this problem for the last month multiple times.  I tried every fix I could find on the internet and none of them worked for me.  Some seem to work for some people and not others.  I found what fixed my blue screen/page cannot be displayed issue.

First delete the 4 major cache files in your Sims 3 folder:

CASPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

simCompositorCache.package

The socialcache is not necessary.

Next delete all the files in the DCBackup folder except ccmerged.package.  DO NOT DELETE CCMERGED!!!  You have been warned.  Everything else can go.

Now this  is what I think actually fixes the problem and could work without deleting the above files, but I haven't tested that.  I'm in the habit of deleting all those anyway because of all the mods and CC I have.  There's an app called CCCleaner: https://www.ccleaner.com/  It's free, it's safe, it's simple.  

Run CCCleaner.  It essentially clears all your browsers cache and windows temp files for you in one fell swoop.  I also find that oftentimes IE is actually still running in the background when I don't even use it, I think this might be part of the actual problem.  This app will ask if you want to force it to close.  YES!  Once it's finished close the app and open the launcher.  This process has worked for me at least 6 times now.  It hasn't failed.  I can't guarantee it will work for everyone, but it's worth a shot.  You don't need to reboot, it's not complicated, and it doesn't take much time.

P.S.  This fix came as a side consequence to a process i was trying for lag & stutter.  HAHAH!  I fixed my lag issues and voila!  My welcome screen was back..  I hope it works for you.

Message 27 of 38 (1,634 Views)

★★ Novice

the sims 3 laucher welcome page is blue and cant log in, also the game stops, this has happened 3 times in the last two days.deleted  the worlds and houses i don't play. the game goes slow. 

Message 28 of 38 (1,570 Views)

@shazbad56  Clearing the cache for Internet Explorer may resolve the launcher issue.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

clear IE cache:  https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

For the game issues, try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Start a new save in this folder, just to see how it runs.  If it's better, you can move a bit of your content into the new folder from the old one and test again.  Try one of your existing saves in the new folder; if it runs better, then the old folder had some corruption or old data that was slowing your game down.

If this doesn't help, please start a new topic describing the problems you're seeing in-game.  (This thread is for launcher issues, so it's better to separate your question about the game running slowly.)  It would help if you listed your computer's specs, or even better, ran a dxdiag; please also list the packs you have installed and in which worlds you're playing.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 38 (1,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@GrimApachexx Thank you--my blue screen is gone and the welcome screen is back (for good hopefully).
Message 30 of 38 (1,379 Views)